PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Central: Owens to Raiders for Porter

scott8
06-30-2005, 04:55 PM
ABC sports reported the sides are talking. link. (http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/sports/06302005_sp_owenstrade.html)
This would be awesome on paper for the Raiders, but Moss did say on ESPN about 3 weeks ago that Owens is not even in the same league as him. Could they co-exist?
As a Raider's fan though, this is certainly intriguing.

Voltron87
06-30-2005, 04:56 PM
dyyyynasty!

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-30-2005, 04:56 PM
Are they going to change their name to The Trainwreck as well?

jakethebake
06-30-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
dyyyynasty!

[/ QUOTE ]

explain. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

jakethebake
and wrong forum too.

Patrick del Poker Grande
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dyyyynasty!

[/ QUOTE ]

explain. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Perhaps he was asking for our friendly neighborhood mod to move this to the appropriate forum.

Voltron87
06-30-2005, 04:58 PM
He is a moderator of this fine forum. I believe this thread was incorrectly posted in the "Other Other Topics" forum, colloqlioly (wow i butchered that) known as "OOT", when, in fact, it should have been in the "Sporting Events" forum. Good day sir!

scott8
06-30-2005, 04:59 PM
Well the offense should become one of the most feared.
Lamont Jordan is a good back who may be great.
And even if Collins is the QB, he should be able to just throw it up and have Moss or Owens grab it - and he can throw it far.

scott8
06-30-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He is a moderator of this fine forum. I believe this thread was incorrectly posted in the "Other Other Topics" forum, colloqlioly (wow i butchered that) known as "OOT", when, in fact, it should have been in the "Sporting Events" forum. Good day sir!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, techincally its about sports, and while some may view a big trade as an "event" its arguably not the type of topic "sporting events" was meant to cover.
Or maybe it was, but who gives a #@$%.

jakethebake
06-30-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well the offense should become one of the most feared.
Lamont Jordan is a good back who may be great.
And even if Collins is the QB, he should be able to just throw it up and have Moss or Owens grab it - and he can throw it far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Riiiiiiiight. So the Raiders have just been two WRs short of the most feared offense in the league. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The Armchair
06-30-2005, 05:02 PM
Can't happen. Porter's cap obligation would accelerate and he would cost about a bazillion dollars against the cap.

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]
He is a moderator of this fine forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...I thought you were implying the Raiders were going to be the next NFL dynasty. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Patrick del Poker Grande
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, techincally its about sports, and while some may view a big trade as an "event" its arguably not the type of topic "sporting events" was meant to cover.
Or maybe it was, but who gives a #@$%.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure this fits well within the intended range of topics for the Sports forum. Either way, this thread is ruined, so you might as well just re-post in the right forum anyway.

Voltron87
you are trying to roll a giant rock all the way uphill.

scott8
06-30-2005, 05:03 PM
reposted.

Bulldog
06-30-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
colloqlioly (wow i butchered that)

[/ QUOTE ]

Try "U" after "Q", if that helps you.

[censored]
06-30-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]