PDA

View Full Version : Would you shave just part of your chest?

Amid Cent
06-30-2005, 04:52 PM
Last week my family is getting ready to take a really fancy portrait. As we're getting dressed, my wife wants me to wear this v-neck black sweater with no t-shirt underneath. The problem is that my chest is fairly hairy, and a little patch of hair would be visible in the photo.

My wife says I should go ahead and shave a little triangular patch on my chest so the hair won't show up on the picture. I tell her she's nuts, and no man alive is going to shave just a little section of his chest. I'd be more likely to shave my entire chest, but I'm not willing to do even that.

What do you do?

jakethebake
06-30-2005, 04:54 PM
You can't dress yourself?

Voltron87
06-30-2005, 04:54 PM
this (http://www.divorcelawfirms.com/)

wtf kind of sweater is this? just wear a normal nice shirt.

Amid Cent
06-30-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously aren't married if you have to ask this question.

MoreWineII
06-30-2005, 04:57 PM
Just shave your whole chest, it's fun to do every once in a great while.

jakethebake
06-30-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously aren't married if you have to ask this question.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am. And my wife has more sense than to try to dress me.

RacersEdge
06-30-2005, 05:17 PM
Ask your wife for some make-up that you can use to cover up your chest hair...

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-30-2005, 05:21 PM
http://www.paulkatcher.com/images/richard_simmons.jpg

Luv2DriveTT
06-30-2005, 05:43 PM
1) V neck sweaters with no undershirts are teh lame, unless you have a buff chest and are naturally not hairy

2) Ever heard of sizzors? Why aren't you already trimming your chest hair to a reasonable length?

Be Metro...

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

AZK
06-30-2005, 05:54 PM
No one in OOT shaves their chest on a regular basis? Or at least trims it?

augie00
06-30-2005, 06:02 PM
I started shaving my chest about 2 months ago. It is pretty nice. Just do the whole thing.

Oh, and if you're not willing to shave your chest, tell your woman to go dress the kids and leave you alone! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

OtisTheMarsupial
06-30-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just shave your whole chest, it's fun to do every once in a great while.

[/ QUOTE ]

or do the triangle. What do you care?
It's hair, not a penis, it will grow back if you cut it off.

mason55
06-30-2005, 07:35 PM
I don't understand what's wrong with shaving your chest? I do it every couple weeks. Afraid people will think you're gay? I just don't get it /images/graemlins/confused.gif

FouTight
06-30-2005, 07:44 PM
I'm calling bluff on this whole poll.

Dude clearly isn't married.

no woman shaves her legs everyday, any married man would be aware of this.

jakethebake
06-30-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no woman shaves her legs everyday, any married man would be aware of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

untrue. women's leg hair grows at different rates. i've known at least one that had to shave everyday and others that only shave once a week or so and don;t have much.

Voltron87
06-30-2005, 07:57 PM
did they make you shave your legs in the navy jake?

jakethebake
06-30-2005, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pretty sure they do shave their legs in the navy but since i wasn't in the navy i do not have first hand knowledge. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Voltron87
06-30-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pretty sure they do shave their legs in the navy but since i wasn't in the navy i do not have first hand knowledge. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

did they make you shave your chest in the air force? ive seen top gun, i know what its like.

[censored]
06-30-2005, 09:16 PM
As with many things the answer can be found in an episode of seinfeld. In this case we know that shaving your chest for a woman results in it growing back thicker and stronger until you are left with disturbing thick hairy mess.

shemp
06-30-2005, 09:29 PM
Have your chest and back waxed. In less than 3 months you'll be the hairy ape you always were if you choose. Really, why not give it a try?

I'm a very hairy dude. And despite living in a youth culture that mostly abhors chest hair, I was always of the opinion, screw'em -- seemed too vain or lame to remove it. This Spring before a tropical vacation I did it, very out of character for me. I think it looks better this way, and I'll probably make it a spring and summer ritual. In fact, I just did it again for another vacation a couple of weeks ago.

Corey
06-30-2005, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have your chest and back waxed. In less than 3 months you'll be the hairy ape you always were if you choose. Really, why not give it a try?

[/ QUOTE ]

How much do those services cost?

For the record, take a "1" clip to the chest. Quick and easy.

Blarg
07-01-2005, 01:34 AM
I'm still kind of in Sean Connery mode when it comes to hair on the chest. I figure hairiness on the front is macho.

Gross on the back, though. And even on the front, whatever a "good" amount of hairiness could be, "wooly" wouldn't describe it. There are some guys whose chest hair could catch a set of car keys if you threw them at him. That starts to look just a little weird. For some reason, it looks even more obvious on Nordic types, when the hair is red or blonde. Those guys really look like they're walking around wearing brillo pads when they get too hairy.

shemp
07-01-2005, 01:43 AM
I paid something like 75$ for the chest and $60 for the back and threw in a tip. This was the max at the place I went, because, as I alluded, I am an ape. The first time I did it, I should mention, I was covered in red welts for close to 48 hours. The second time, even though the hairiness seemed similar, it lasted 12 hours max, and it stung significantly less. As for the sting, it wasn't that big a deal, but not fun. I'm pretty much sold on the thing after thinking I would never do it.

PS. I didn't get a happy ending.

shemp
07-01-2005, 01:50 AM
The number of men allowed to have hair on their chest in hollywood (unless it is to establish that they are somehow off) is very small. It's almost comical to see some of these swarthy types with a manicured wisp between the tits.

AZK
07-01-2005, 02:40 AM
This sounds like a good alternative to shaving your chest which I can't stand cause it itches for days...not a problem when you wax huh? Can only imagine how painful this is.

shemp
07-01-2005, 03:03 AM
Well, I've only done it twice, and I did have minor itching this time. The pain was minor the first time, I wouldn't even it call it pain -- just a sharp and momentary sting. The second time it was nothing.