PDA

View Full Version : Poker Rates: Possible to get an upgrade?

OrangeKing
06-30-2005, 04:35 PM
I am heading out to Las Vegas next week with a couple friends. Time to gamboool! We're staying at the Sahara, which, while not the greatest place around, should be good enough for us travellers on a budget.

Here's my question. I'm willing to play a lot of poker at the Sahara (I play low limits anyway, so why not mostly there?) in exchange for a poker rate, which a google search seems to imply exists there. However, since we booked through expedia, our room has already been charged to my credit card...so if I find it unlikely that we can now get a discounted rate.

On the other hand, they have slightly nicer deluxe rooms that cost about $10 more per night. They also have suites that cost $120 more per night.

Here's my question: would it be possible for me to arrange a "poker deal" of sorts, where I play a lot of poker there in exchange for an upgrade to a deluxe room (presuming one is available)? I'm going to take the giant leap of logic and say that a suite is out of the question. /images/graemlins/smile.gif If I can do this, who do I speak to first? How do I arrange it? What sort of playing requirements should I expect?

Thanks for any help guys.