PDA

View Full Version : Tuna or Chicken?

jakethebake
06-30-2005, 04:21 PM
Which do you prefer for a sandwiches? Canned tuna? Or canned chunk chicken? If you like both, do you prepare them differently?

MtDon
07-01-2005, 04:24 AM
I like to mix the canned tuna and canned chicken together.

sexdrugsmoney
07-01-2005, 04:29 AM
Chicken is the greatest animal God ever created.

You can eat it, and its eggs, and the roosters also serve as alarm clocks and fighters for when you need to rebuild your bankroll.

All hail the chicken.

xorbie
07-01-2005, 04:31 AM
Chicken is good, but canned chunk chicken < tuna.

tonypaladino
07-01-2005, 04:43 AM
Chicken salad made with real chicken (ie grilled breast) is the best.

Canned Chichen is terrible.

he he I said breast.....

Jules22
07-01-2005, 05:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and fighters for when you need to rebuild your bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol! makes me think of the episode of seinfeld where kramer gets a pet rooster

Vavavoom
07-01-2005, 06:06 AM
Tuna is my kryptonite.....Chicken all the way...

TStoneMBD
07-01-2005, 07:08 AM
i really had no idea that there were this many tuna fans out there. i never thought people would ever prefer tuna over chicken, this poll is a shocker. must not be a whole lot of black people on these forums.

IndieMatty
07-01-2005, 08:02 AM
canned chicken is not so good

mmbt0ne
07-01-2005, 08:22 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, tuna in the pouch &gt; tuna in the can

jakethebake
07-01-2005, 08:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Chicken salad made with real chicken (ie grilled breast) is the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly true, but it wasn't the question. I could make the same statement about fresh tuna.

on_thg
07-01-2005, 08:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i really had no idea that there were this many tuna fans out there. i never thought people would ever prefer tuna over chicken, this poll is a shocker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuna salad &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; chicken salad

Just plain chicken (non-canned) &gt; any tuna

ethan
07-01-2005, 10:05 AM
I've had canned chicken all of once, and didn't even know it existed until midway through college.

Canned tuna makes sense to me. Good fresh tuna's expensive and generally something you'll want to cook within a day of buying it. Plus, making the standard (mayo+)tuna salad with it would be a waste of good fish. But chicken? Fresh chicken's cheap. And you can get good chicken anywhere. It's not hard to cook right, and even if the difference between fresh/canned isn't as big as that you get with tuna I'd figure it's still significant.

I have more enthusiasm for cooking than most people, and to me it's generally worth taking a little extra time making a better meal. It takes maybe 10 minutes to cook a chicken breast (from first turning on the stove), and I'm not anywhere close to so busy that that's an inconvenience.

jakethebake
07-01-2005, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fresh chicken's cheap. And you can get good chicken anywhere. It's not hard to cook right, and even if the difference between fresh/canned isn't as big as that you get with tuna I'd figure it's still significant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use it pretty much just for chicken salad. I usually make chicken or tuna salad when I don't really feel like cooking, so I don't really feel like cooking a chicken breast.

ethan
07-01-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd never heard of this, but from what I found elsewhere online people seem to agree with you.

The first Google result for "tuna pouch" is a guide to using the pouch your tuna came in as a tampon case. Now that's classy.

beerbandit
07-01-2005, 10:15 AM
that canned chicken is pretty good

i use it mainly for a chicken a la king type meal ---

canned chicken + cream of chicken soup + mixed vegetables
cooked together and then put on biscuits

fairly easy and pretty good

cheers

jakethebake
07-01-2005, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd never heard of this, but from what I found elsewhere online people seem to agree with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never heard of this either. But I'm guessing it's more than the $0.39 that a can costs. The canned chicken's flavor is really helped if you rinse is thoroughly too.

IndieMatty
07-01-2005, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fresh chicken's cheap. And you can get good chicken anywhere. It's not hard to cook right, and even if the difference between fresh/canned isn't as big as that you get with tuna I'd figure it's still significant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use it pretty much just for chicken salad. I usually make chicken or tuna salad when I don't really feel like cooking, so I don't really feel like cooking a chicken breast.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a huge chicken salad fan; what about those almost pre-cooked chicken tenders from costco? seriously Jake, using some fresher chicken is totally worth it.