PDA

View Full Version : random thigns: shana hiatt leaving and party poker.net on howard stern

CDSNUTSINYAMOUTH
06-30-2005, 03:47 PM
so i was just browing through channels and came across another naked woman on the howard stern show with her various body parts fuzzed out, and I realized it was some representative model for partypoker.NET. I guess party poker is really amping up the advertising by going on the howard stern show

another thing...why is shana hiatt leaving? does she have a new acting career to fall back on? This seems like a big mistake but then again i guess she would know better. It was funny I saw her on one of the FSN sports list and I think it was one of the first times I've seen her talk conversationally.

The_Flopologist
06-30-2005, 03:58 PM
With all due respect to the WTP and Shana, she's not the best tv commentator in the world. She's eye candy at best. But frankly, that's all people really want from her. I love how she does the post bust-out interviews though. "John, you've just been knocked out of your 4th WPT final table, how does it make you feel?" "Ummmm, like sh---, how do you think it makes me feel, Shana?" I think they should bring on an asian hotty to replace her, someone who actually knows how to play cards AND is pleasing on the eyes /images/graemlins/smile.gif

otnemem
06-30-2005, 03:59 PM
You think that leaving the WPT is a bad career move for an aspiring model/actress. I'm surprised she's stayed as long as she has (though, IMO, she got much hotter this year). How could staying with a low-budget, weekly cable television show be a good career path for anyone?

DDC67
06-30-2005, 04:14 PM
Two words: Vanna White

MoreWineII
06-30-2005, 04:16 PM
Shana is nice-looking and that's really it. There are probably a ton of hot-looking brainless women out there just salivating to take her place. I wouldn't worry too much.

maurile
06-30-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With all due respect to the WTP and Shana, she's not the best tv commentator in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]
She's top five, though, for sure.

lonn19
06-30-2005, 04:27 PM
Flop:
So there aren't any chicks that could play poker who aren't asian??

Shilly
06-30-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With all due respect to the WTP and Shana, she's not the best tv commentator in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'd rather have her announce than Vince "Twiggy & Warm Beer" Van Patten and Mike "Best Eyes in Poker" Sexton.

otnemem
06-30-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Two words: Vanna White

[/ QUOTE ]

Two more words: network television

DDC67
06-30-2005, 08:24 PM
You've got to start somewhere and she could do the occasional mini-series or movie during her off time in between seasons. She could play "TediaKGB" in Rounders 2. lol

cya

Ken_AA
06-30-2005, 09:29 PM
She can do both!!!

Ken

ononimo
06-30-2005, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop:

[/ QUOTE ]

you've got to admit, there does seem to be a disproportionate respresentation of asian women among the small group of attractive female poker players.

ed8383
06-30-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flop:

[/ QUOTE ]

you've got to admit, there does seem to be a disproportionate respresentation of asian women among the small group of attractive female poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]
But should we classify them as "hot" when most of those asian players don't have the necessary attributes (due to them being skinny) to be hot. They're ok but not hot.

bookie socks
07-01-2005, 08:45 AM
I vote for Brooke Burns from "Dog eat Dog".

http://www.tvstars.com.ar/b/brooke_burns/brooke_burns1.jpg

grass
07-01-2005, 09:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Shana is nice-looking and that's really it. There are probably a ton of hot-looking brainless women out there just salivating to take her place. I wouldn't worry too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

hot = brainless?

you've never dated any hot women have you.

let it be known that hot girls are twice as clever as the educated bookworms.

McGahee
07-01-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
With all due respect to the WTP and Shana, she's not the best tv commentator in the world. She's eye candy at best. But frankly, that's all people really want from her. I love how she does the post bust-out interviews though. "John, you've just been knocked out of your 4th WPT final table, how does it make you feel?" "Ummmm, like sh---, how do you think it makes me feel, Shana?" I think they should bring on an asian hotty to replace her, someone who actually knows how to play cards AND is pleasing on the eyes /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's kind of like the sideline reporter in football/basketball though. Even if you're good at it you're still pretty much useless because the job really puts limitations on what you can do. I mean, Michelle Tafoya is probably better/wittier/more articulate than pretty much any other female sports reporter but in the end she still doesn't bring much to the table because there's only so much a "sidelines" person can do. "I had a chance to talk with Coach X...." Blah, whatever.
Therefore, it's most +EV to just hire eye candy and say the hell with content IMO.

jedi
07-01-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop:

[/ QUOTE ]

So why is this a problem?

CDSNUTSINYAMOUTH
07-01-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hot = brainless?

you've never dated any hot women have you.

let it be known that hot girls are twice as clever as the educated bookworms.

[/ QUOTE ]

dang you a connoisseur in dating hot women? man i want to masturbate in you

oreogod
07-02-2005, 11:25 PM
So Vince doesnt get to bang his brothers wife next season?

J/K.

Seriously though, traveling to all these great places on the poker circuit...never know, intresting times abound. Im sure Vince has a whole pile of pussy to choose from.

Yes, I know...bad taste.

WriterBoy
07-03-2005, 12:50 AM
she's already been replaced, although i don't have a link to the woman who is taking over.

this time around they went with someone with a degree in broadcasting who still looks really good in lingerie (from the pics i've seen.)

do any of you know for sure that it was shana's decision to leave? seems to me they wanted someone who can at least spell the word "resume" in addition to actually having one.

RPMick
07-03-2005, 01:56 AM
Courtney Friel

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/65/4252/640/1.jpg

-Ryan
7/images/graemlins/spade.gif8/images/graemlins/heart.gif

sexdrugsmoney
07-03-2005, 03:00 AM
This sucks, Hiatt was the right mix of beauty and personality, and I think it will be very hard to replace her.

The WPT is certainly adhering to the laws of thermodynamics. /images/graemlins/frown.gif