PDA

View Full Version : How could I have played this hand differently?

Sooga
02-04-2003, 01:40 AM
$2/$4 PP.... although I've only been in for a couple orbits, the table seems fairly loose and passive.

I have A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif K /forums/images/icons/club.gif UTG+1. I open raise, a MP cold calls, SB folds, BB calls. Three to the flop:

*** FLOP *** : [ 7 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif ]

Check, I bet, MP folds, SB check-raises. I call. Heads up to the turn:

*** TURN *** : [ 7 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif ] [ 8 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif ]

SB bets, I call. Heads up to the river:

*** RIVER *** : [ 7 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif ] [ K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif ]

SB bets. I call.

Let's see here..... call, call, call. That's the road to riches, right?

Dynasty
02-04-2003, 01:43 AM
Sometime in the future, try raising or 3-betting (after getting check-raised) on the flop with your unimproved overcards. It probably wouldn't be a good idea in this hand. That flop was terrible for your hand.

Sooga
02-04-2003, 01:47 AM
Right, when i get it heads up, and someone check raises me, I throw in a 3-bet every so often, especially if have a backdoor flush draw to go with my overcards. But like you said, this flop was horrible and I couldn't do it. But as for the play of the hand, would you have played it differently?

mobes
02-04-2003, 05:35 AM
I would hope to fold to the cr

JayKon
02-04-2003, 07:41 PM
I beleive I would have played it the same, except that I would have folded to the check-raise on ther flop. Assuming I called the flop, the turn not helping and putting a 3 flush/ 4 straight on the board, I definatly fold here.

Louie Landale
02-04-2003, 09:16 PM
"Let's see here..... call, call, call. That's the road to riches, right?" You are not calling nearly enough if you only "call, call, call" once a night.

"Betting is better than calling" is an over-all guidline: yes, most of your showdowns should be in hands you like enough to bet. But there are lots of other situations where calling gets the money.

The real question is whether you [1] had enough to call the check-raise, [2] had enough to pay off the river, and [3] had the b ..err.. guts to raise the turn. As others have suggested, the board was pretty dangerous and obviously got a LOT worse to any opponent who could not beat a pair of Kings. The better has to be particularly assertive before you can even think of paying this one off.

- Louie