PDA

View Full Version : Land of the Dead

ClaytonN
06-30-2005, 01:56 PM
Not all that scary. Somewhat good story. Leguizamo kicks ass.

I give it a 4 out of 10.

shakingspear
06-30-2005, 03:24 PM
Wow, that's a pretty low score. How do you rate it against the other Dead movies? What about others, like 28 Days Later?

ClaytonN
06-30-2005, 10:10 PM
28 days later was much much better in terms of "scare factor" or however you would call it.

I have not seen "Dawn of the Dead".

But IIRC, 28 days later is made by a different director than the guy who does the "dead" series

oreogod
06-30-2005, 10:23 PM
You should see both the original dawn and the remake. Just so you know 28 days later basically took Night, Dawn and Day and made an act out of each. Each act of the movie is pretty much right out of the dead movies.

private joker
06-30-2005, 10:31 PM
I really liked LAND OF THE DEAD, not because it was scary (it wasn't), but because of the political subtext that, despite being obvious and a bit heavy-handed, was totally on target and very smart. It was the best acting & f/x of any Romero film (his flicks are usually a bit skimpy on those), though not as classic as the most awesome NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (which also had the politics going for it).

Anyway, very clever and still a lot of fun to watch even aside from the thematic content.

wacki
06-30-2005, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should see both the original dawn and the remake. Just so you know 28 days later basically took Night, Dawn and Day and made an act out of each. Each act of the movie is pretty much right out of the dead movies.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm no.

shakingspear
06-30-2005, 10:33 PM
Yeah, I knew it was a different director. But that's the latest zombie movie I've seen, and I was wondering how Land compared.