PDA

View Full Version : WSOP double shootout hand (x-post)

schwza
06-30-2005, 01:35 PM
Final Table WSOP Stars double shootout. Me, MP3, and the CO are all roughly tied for chips at about 2500. Both are solid. Blinds 50/100. MP3 opens to 375, and CO immediately pushes. I have A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and fold. Thoughts?

8 players left, 2-8 all pay the same. this was originally posted in MTT here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2758819&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

gumpzilla
06-30-2005, 01:39 PM
I think you're definitely fine folding here. The winner-take-all aspect of the structure suggests to me, though, that this could actually be reasonably close. If there's any chance that CO pulls this stunt with AQ I think you would probably have a marginal call. That said, I certainly don't think you're missing much even in this situation by folding.

schwza
06-30-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
CO pulls this stunt with AQ

[/ QUOTE ]

do you think there's any chance CO folds AQ here? would you? i think CO often pushes AJ and worse here.

this wasn't my hand - i think it's a pretty clear call.

11t
06-30-2005, 02:12 PM
I'd probably muck but I have no idea what I'm talking about in a situation like this.

gumpzilla
06-30-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

do you think there's any chance CO folds AQ here? would you? i think CO often pushes AJ and worse here.

[/ QUOTE ]

With 25 BBs, I would feel like calling with AQ would at least be an option for CO. I'm not sure that I push for 20+ more BBs with it, though I guess if you're going to raise you're putting in at least a third of your stack. I think the most likely holdings for CO are TT-QQ. The other thing to consider is that there's a nontrivial chance that if you call MP3 comes with as well. Since it is winner takes all, I think there's more room for a call like this than in a conventional SNG payout structure, but I still think that it's probably a pretty marginal spot that can be passed up.