PDA

View Full Version : Posting in MP3

DavidC
06-30-2005, 01:02 PM
A guy sites down. I have no notes on him and no stats. He doesn't post in MP3.

What can I assume about him?

--Dave.

sekrah
06-30-2005, 01:09 PM
Whenever somebody sits down and doesn't post, I'm always extra wary of this person.. Expect very tight preflop play, when he enters pots with raises it's almost certain he's holding a big hand.

Wepeel
06-30-2005, 01:18 PM
OK... there's two things you need to look at. FIrst off is this live or online, it makes a difference. If it is live the guy may be super tight, want to get some reads on the players, or doesn't really have a concept of the game and was confused by the dealer's question of do you want to post? Otherwise, if it's online then the first thing I would do is search for him and see how many tables he is playing. Most likely he is playing more than one and starting up his session or just moving from a bad one, so you can most likely assume he is a TAG.

sy_or_bust
06-30-2005, 01:29 PM
You can assume he's not a donk, but its foolish to draw many conclusions from this. Many tight or semi-tight players won't post in MP3. Assuming this player is a rock would be a mistake, and a potentially costly one.

MHarris
06-30-2005, 02:11 PM
I wouldn't make any assumptions based on this. For all you know, they may not be posting so they can go to the bathroom before they get started.