PDA

View Full Version : Not sure about this hand....

CardSharpCook
06-30-2005, 12:47 PM
WSOP NL 2k hand. I have about 8K, villian has about 5.5K.
A3s MP1. Villian just sat down and has seen 3 hands. I raised PF the previous hand.

PF: I raise to blinds (100-200) to 600. All fold to BB who calls.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif
He checks, I bet 800, he raises to 1800, I ???

If this sort of thing matters to you, he looks like a middle linebacker - clean-shaven white guy in his mid 30s and wearing a Philadelphia Eagles football jersey. Probably played football in HS.

sekrah
06-30-2005, 12:53 PM
Chuck it.

schwza
06-30-2005, 12:54 PM
i can't imagine not folding.

MLG
06-30-2005, 01:00 PM
I see this flop I check behind, call a turn bet then fold to a river bet.

schwza
06-30-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I see this flop I check behind, call a turn bet then fold to a river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

aren't you worried about giving a free card here? i think betting is safe b/c villain will rarely c/r a worse hand.

sirio11
06-30-2005, 04:17 PM
I fold here. But the most important question is wth are you doing with this hand in MP, especially after just raising the previous hand.

MLG
06-30-2005, 04:25 PM
i guess there are hands i dont want to give a free card to, like KQ, but I want to keep the pot small even more. This really all stems from me not wanting to raise this hand up with these stack sizes in the first place. Betting and folding to a c-raise is fine too.

Scooterdoo
06-30-2005, 07:50 PM
I would say that many aggressive players would check raise you here without an A. Your options are fold or push IMHO. I think there is a better chance here that he will fold (or you will chop if called) then the other situation where you are pushing with 82o. That said, your stack is still fine and I would fold.

I also would not usually play your hand from MP unless my stack was smaller than yours (push) or larger so I had more wiggle room. I might try limping every once in a while if the table allowed limpers, however, I hate playing weak aces out of position for precisely this reason and lately I'm in the habit of folding them unless my stack size allows more room to zig and zag. I agree with others though... if I did play it and it was checked to me I would check it down and maybe call one raise on a later street.

CardSharpCook
06-30-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I fold here. But the most important question is wth are you doing with this hand in MP, especially after just raising the previous hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Sirio, you know the way I play (some of the time). It worked out that I could be the LAA at this table with considerable success. I do often play in a style more like yours, but not today. I was also having a terrible time stealing with reasonable hands in LP, so I decided to loosen up in MP/EP to compensate. I do realize the fundamental flaw in this, but this is one of the things that I do. I raise hands in EP that are button stealing hands so that I can play a high-card flop as a bluff or a low-card flop that my opponent assumes has missed me. But yes, I do recognize the flaws in this line of thinking.

I did fold this hand, but I like MLG's line.

CSC