PDA

View Full Version : Taking Good Advice

bluewilde
06-30-2005, 12:35 PM
Right, after being told repeatedly that 20% is just too ridiculous for a rake, I'm making a deposit on Stars so I can move from the Party $5+1s to the $5+0.50s. I realize this might sound a little trivial with everyone on here playing much higher buy-in games, but, for those of you familiar with these lower ones, what kind of adjustments should I be looking to make? I know the structure is different, but what about the players? Do these differences affect my game? Are there really many specific changes, or is it one of those things I just have to get a feel for?

11t
06-30-2005, 12:37 PM
There's far more post flop play. If you want party like structure play the turbo tournaments.

wiggs73
06-30-2005, 12:51 PM
Like 11t said, there is a lot more post-flop play. Also, take the push/fold advice on this forum with a grain of salt. The structure allows you to make reasonable raises and bets and actually play poker even when the blinds start rising. As far as quality of players, I think they're a bit better at Stars, but not by much. There are still plenty of fish, especially at the 5.50s.