PDA

View Full Version : HU to rebluff or not? CROSSPOST

Marnixvdb
06-30-2005, 12:23 PM
HU of a regular stars $100+9 SnG. Opponent seems TAG an a bit too unimagintative but knows very well what he is doing. We have been playing a series of small pots, most of which I stole from him.

The minraise PF I made because he folded often enough to this raise. On the river it seemed OK to try and buy the pot. Then he raises me. I find it hard to put him on a hand he likes so I move in. Any thoughts about this move?

thanks, Marnix

PS I posted this in HUSH too, but was later told it is supposed to go in here

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (2 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

BB (t7290)
Hero (t6210)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t400</font>, BB calls t200.

Flop: (t625) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t625) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (t625) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t600</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t2200</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t5785</font>

tshort
06-30-2005, 12:41 PM
I think that is a really bad idea. Take the loss and keep playing, blinds are still small.

sbpngg
06-30-2005, 12:45 PM
autofold

Too many hand out there that beat you. Move on and look for a better spot. Probably would have bet the Turn and take it down there.

Later
spngbbch

junkmail3
06-30-2005, 12:52 PM
bluffing = the suck. (betting/raising/pushing with +EV = not the suck)

Unarmed
06-30-2005, 12:54 PM
Love it.

He checked the river and then raised you huge. He has nothing. If he had something he'd just show it down and pick up the pot. If he had a monster he'd lead or raise less. He also knows you probably have nothing, but with your raise PF he needs to be able to beat your potential ace kicker, making him less likely to call with a high card.

DISCLAIMER: I'm an aggro psychopath.

wiggs73
06-30-2005, 01:04 PM
Agreed. He'd be leading an ten or a 2. He'd be calling with an 8 or PP. Unless he has the balls to call with an Ace or King kicker, I think this is a fine play.

Marnixvdb
06-30-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Love it.

He checked the river and then raised you huge. He has nothing. If he had something he'd just show it down and pick up the pot. If he had a monster he'd lead or raise less. He also knows you probably have nothing, but with your raise PF he needs to be able to beat your potential ace kicker, making him less likely to call with a high card.

DISCLAIMER: I'm an aggro psychopath.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that's what I figured. I made the original riverbet hoping he would fold K high and worse, expecting him to call A high and better. When he raised I was surprised, it didnt seem to make sense. I figured he would have called with marginal holdings, and lead with stronger holdings, so a check/raise would almost certainly mean he was bluffing.

It turned out he was: he folded his hand to my allin.