PDA

View Full Version : canterbury fall poker classic

beerbandit
06-30-2005, 11:26 AM
im thinking about this again this year -- trying to make plans -- i know its a few away --- i wanted to had up there last year to check the place out, but didnt make it

is this worth the drive - 8 hours - to come up there for about a week

the tournies and side games --- it doesnt look like there is a hotel in the track/club

any advice?

thanks

PokerBob
06-30-2005, 11:37 AM
there is a hotel less than 1 mile away. every game below 8/16 is good all the time. the 8 game is usually good too. I know nothing about the tourney's, however.

bicyclekick
06-30-2005, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
there is a hotel less than 1 mile away. every game below 8/16 is good all the time. the 8 game is usually good too. I know nothing about the tourney's, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost every game at every limit is a good game.

PokerBob
06-30-2005, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost every game at every limit is a good game.

[/ QUOTE ]

For you. Not all of us can beat every game. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

nbajam
06-30-2005, 10:49 PM
Check out the Canterbury Inn which is literally across the street from it. There's other hotels in the area as well.

Games are good, room is very well run as well.

augie00
06-30-2005, 11:09 PM
What is the fall poker classic? Is there a website? I am very interested in playing this if it's during the right time. Heck, I'd be down for splitting a hotel room to keep costs down w/ another 2+2er.

theredwave
06-30-2005, 11:23 PM
Link to Schedule (http://www.canterburypark.com/cardclub/Fallclassic/2005/2005%20FPC%20Schedule%20of%20Events.pdf)

Link to tournament page (http://www.canterburypark.com/cardclub/tournaments.htm)

whiskeytown
07-01-2005, 12:24 AM
in all fairness, while across the st, it's also across the track, which is probably a 1 mile walk to the front door -

be honest at least - LOL

RB

Edge34
07-01-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What is the fall poker classic? Is there a website? I am very interested in playing this if it's during the right time. Heck, I'd be down for splitting a hotel room to keep costs down w/ another 2+2er.

[/ QUOTE ]

www.canterburypark.com (http://www.canterburypark.com) for info.

Also, I forget if you can do this at both places, but at at least one hotel, you can ask for the "Cantebury rate" or tell them you are a poker player or something like that, and its like 20 bucks a night.

Edit: realize the website is redundant...I suck at reading tonight.

whiskeytown
07-01-2005, 12:55 AM
20 bucks a night is cheaper then most apts - jesus -

I gotta pack up and move south.

RB

Bartman387
07-01-2005, 01:37 AM
did they have satelites last year or do they plan to this year?

Shilly
07-01-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Also, I forget if you can do this at both places, but at at least one hotel, you can ask for the "Cantebury rate" or tell them you are a poker player or something like that, and its like 20 bucks a night.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember trying this at the Sandalwood and it didn't work. I'd imagine the new Canterbury Inn has a players rate, but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

tek
07-01-2005, 12:39 PM
Yes and yes.

tek
07-01-2005, 12:43 PM
Fall Poker Classic Main Event '04 Bad Beat story. I was at Table 1 and survived half the field. Jimmy Sommerfield was at the table too. All he talked about the whole day (imagine a young Don Knotts) was "after I lose all my chips I'm playing the ponies", as soon as I finish my soda, I'll probably lose all my chips", etc.

One the hand in question he goes all in saying "I might as well get rid of my chips and go play the ponies". I call.

He turns over pcokets 9's. I turn over pockets K's. He gets a 9on the flop. Turn, nothing. River, nothing. I'm out. He goes on to win $108,000.

I'm hoping for a rematch /images/graemlins/mad.gif

worm33
07-01-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fall Poker Classic Main Event '04 Bad Beat story. I was at Table 1 and survived half the field. Jimmy Sommerfield was at the table too. All he talked about the whole day (imagine a young Don Knotts) was "after I lose all my chips I'm playing the ponies", as soon as I finish my soda, I'll probably lose all my chips", etc.

One the hand in question he goes all in saying "I might as well get rid of my chips and go play the ponies". I call.

He turns over pcokets 9's. I turn over pockets K's. He gets a 9on the flop. Turn, nothing. River, nothing. I'm out. He goes on to win $108,000.

I'm hoping for a rematch /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He actualy chopped it evenly, so he didnt quite win 108k......He gave away a lot of money that day by agreeing to ridicolous chops. The worst one was agreeing to save 10k for 3rd with 3 players left when he had 70% of the chips

tek
07-01-2005, 01:44 PM
He's listed as the winner. His deals and chops don't concern me.