PDA

View Full Version : K9 on the Bubble

niquewon
06-30-2005, 10:13 AM
I've been running into some problems on the bubble recently and I'd really apppreciate some feedback on my play. In the hand below the SB has been very aggressive and raised all in on my BB for the past five orbits, my thought is that I probably have the best hand and should call. Should I make this call or fold and try to pick a better spot?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t1135)
SB (t4465)
Hero (t1430)
UTG (t970)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB raises [t4465] t100, Hero ?

kyro
06-30-2005, 10:16 AM
Fold. You are a slight favorite at best. You are second in chips. Wait it out a bit. You're in no danger.

junkmail3
06-30-2005, 10:35 AM
Don't worry about being too aggressive here. You are second in chips, barely. There's no sense in challenging th big stack in this spot. Try stealing when the two small stacks are in the SB/BB. You don't have too much time to work, but there's a good chance the two smaller stacks will go for it at some point. (I'm not implying that you limp into the money)

Sabrazack
06-30-2005, 10:37 AM
You have 7xBB, i dont think this is an easy fold since you say he has pushed the last 5 hands. I still think i would fold here though. if i had a slightly better hand or a slightly smaller stack i would call though.

HesseJam
06-30-2005, 11:50 AM
In one of my tourneys I was in the same position. I was the best short stack and the big stack (4500) raised almost every hand. The other shorties played very tight and scared so I decided to also play it tight and folded good Kings, bad Aces and even once AK. Once the bubble was over, the big stack had like 7000 and I started pushing and came in second. What you gonna do?

kyro
06-30-2005, 11:56 AM
This is an incredibly easy fold. You are not desperate by any means. You are in second position in chips. You have no fold equity, and even against any two you're probably 60-40 here. You really want to take a chance that 40% you bust out and 60% of the time you're still in second place?

Newt_Buggs
06-30-2005, 01:21 PM
lol, its jerks like you that are always spite calling me on the bubble. The only one that you're helping by calling here is the other two players who already folded. Even if you know that he's pushing any two cards here ICM says that you would need KQs to make this a marginally profitable call.

schwza
06-30-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lol, its jerks like you that are always spite calling me on the bubble. The only one that you're helping by calling here is the other two players who already folded. Even if you know that he's pushing any two cards here ICM says that you would need KQs to make this a marginally profitable call.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you actually figure this out for the situation or is this a guess?

Newt_Buggs
06-30-2005, 02:15 PM
for this situation-I just plugged any two into the SB's pushing range on eastbays tool.