PDA

View Full Version : I don't get it. 3 bands

zephed
06-30-2005, 10:06 AM
FLAME AWAY

Neutral Milk Hotel-He needs music lessons.

Arcade Fire-How [censored] whiny does this [censored] get? Cheer up, you're in a band. Do they have something that doesn't motivate me to slit my wrists? Also, what's the point in playing soft, and then playing a tiny bit louder. Soft-Hard. Use it.

Decemberists-Not as whiny as Arcade Fire. His voice sounds a little weird though. Am I the only one to notice this? At least he can play more than barre chords on his guitar.

I guess my main complaint is none of these bands rock. Oh well, I guess I shouldn't expect them too. I'll keep that in mind next time one of "those" threads comes up.

I'mna go listen to Zep now.
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/9053/starship4vx.jpg

CollinEstes
06-30-2005, 10:07 AM
Go buy Audioslave.

zephed
06-30-2005, 10:08 AM
It was dissapointing.

CollinEstes
06-30-2005, 10:23 AM
Not as good as the first but still better than that other crap. Rock is dead.

zephed
06-30-2005, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not as good as the first but still better than that other crap. Rock is dead.

[/ QUOTE ]
Rock isn't dead yet.

IndieMatty
06-30-2005, 10:37 AM
Did you listen to the Arcade Fire? half the album is like upbeat dance tunes?

So yeah, I agree with your subject.

CollinEstes
06-30-2005, 10:39 AM
What about the Black Keys they are pretty good though. Also there is a decent Indie Rock band Twin-A that I like.

zephed
06-30-2005, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you listen to the Arcade Fire? half the album is like upbeat dance tunes?

So yeah, I agree with your subject.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess that comes about 2 minutes into each song I dl'ed because I didn't like the melancholy music, so I'd skip through.

Name some songs for me then, please.

zephed
06-30-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What about the Black Keys they are pretty good though. Also there is a decent Indie Rock band Twin-A that I like.

[/ QUOTE ]
Black Keys I have listened to. I'll have to give them another listen through. I like the blues influence.

I'll check out Twin-A.

CollinEstes
06-30-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Black Keys I have listened to. I'll have to give them another listen through. I like the blues influence.

I'll check out Twin-A.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I like Black Keys because they remind me of Stevie Ray Vaughan. If you want to listen to Twin-A you can download some of their songs off their website for free. Or go to Freshtracksmusic.com and they have some of their stuff under the indie rock tab that you can listen to for free. Download safty net off their website and Suicide dream those are both pretty good songs.

Macdaddy Warsaw
06-30-2005, 11:36 AM
For NMH, you seem to be mistaking feedback, distortion, and a lo-fi sound with lack of musical ability. Besides being able to play their instruments, their songs are also well arranged and produced.

Arcade Fire - Listen to Rebellion (Lies), I don't know why that would motivate you to kill yourself. Tunnels is a funky love song, I don't know why it would make you want to kill yourself. The break-down in Crown of Love is sweet. I mean, whatever, some of the songs are downers (Laika, named after the Russian cosmo-dog sent into space with no expectation to return), but I mean, I don't see why that's a bad thing.

Decemberists - I wasn't a big fan of Colin Meloy's voice for a while either, but Picaresque kind of changed everything. Again, you're nitpicking on his voice and completely ignoring the fact that they make great music (e.g. most of their stuff, but let's say Angel, Won't You Call Me?, Engine Driver, and the Sporting Life).

But, some will never be convinced, and that's fine with me.

zephed
06-30-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For NMH, you seem to be mistaking feedback, distortion, and a lo-fi sound with lack of musical ability. Besides being able to play their instruments, their songs are also well arranged and produced.

Arcade Fire - Listen to Rebellion (Lies), I don't know why that would motivate you to kill yourself. Tunnels is a funky love song, I don't know why it would make you want to kill yourself. The break-down in Crown of Love is sweet. I mean, whatever, some of the songs are downers (Laika, named after the Russian cosmo-dog sent into space with no expectation to return), but I mean, I don't see why that's a bad thing.

Decemberists - I wasn't a big fan of Colin Meloy's voice for a while either, but Picaresque kind of changed everything. Again, you're nitpicking on his voice and completely ignoring the fact that they make great music (e.g. most of their stuff, but let's say Angel, Won't You Call Me?, Engine Driver, and the Sporting Life).

But, some will never be convinced, and that's fine with me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Aw [censored], yer gonna make me download those songs again. But I'm certain that's not why I disliked NMH.

Ok, I'll give those Arcade Fire and Decemberists songs another shot.

NMH doesn't get another shot.