PDA

View Full Version : This Weeks New Music (metal/Punk Orientated)

daveymck
06-30-2005, 08:53 AM
Heard a few new/unrelased abums this week might be of interest to some.

Nuclear Assault - really liked these in the past but the new stuff is old and boring and doesnt really have anything to stand out at all.

Obituary - was never a fan of the slowly we rot type sound, the new album though is fantastic really classy old school death metal but vocals are a bit more Napalm Death, I really like it sounds quite fresh.

As I lay Dying - Enjoyed their first album although not one I have listened to over and over again, more of the same not as bad as some of the reviews I have seen have suggested.

Life of Agony - oh dear never got through the whole thing me thinks the river has run dry.

Avenged Sevenfold - really liked their last album AFI inspired goth punk, but they have changed styles for this album. I have seen comparisons to GNR isnt as light as that but some Slash type guitar sound is evident is sort of glam metal punk, some good musicianship on the record need to hear it a few more times to decide a final opinion as its so different sounding.

Morgana Lefay - Grand Materia - think this has been out a while but its fantastic, they were a crappy power metal band the last time I heard them in the 90's but this album is really a classic heavy metal record well worth checking out if into more old school type suff.

Also heared two potential tracks form Queensryches Mindcrime 2 that they have been playing live and sounds rubbish, also a new Arch Enemy track is available but not overlly insperational. Just read some stuff about the new Soulfly record that suggests its a return to old style Sepultura Arise/Beneath the remains which sounds good to me.

steelcmg
06-30-2005, 09:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Obituary - was never a fan of the slowly we rot type sound, the new album though is fantastic really classy old school death metal but vocals are a bit more Napalm Death, I really like it sounds quite fresh.

[/ QUOTE ]
I Will have to check out there new album before i go see them with Napalm death at the troc in philly on 9/7

[ QUOTE ]
As I lay Dying - Enjoyed their first album although not one I have listened to over and over again, more of the same not as bad as some of the reviews I have seen have suggested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im a pretty big fan of As i lay dying i like there new cd alot but still think there first one is better. Seems like most of these types of bands first cds are always better.

DeathbySuckout
06-30-2005, 09:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably the next CD I'm picking up.

Also other notable releases coming up:
7/19 - Soilent Green - "Confrontation" (Relapse Records)
7/12 - The Black Dahlia Murder - "Miasma" (Metal Blade)
8/23 - Premonitions Of War - "Glorified Dirt + The True Face Of Panic" (Blackmarket Activities)
9/13 - Neuraxis - "Trilateral Progression" (Willowtip Records)
9/20 - God Forbid - "IV:Constitution Of Treason" (Century Media)

These are just some of my picks, take them or leave them

DeathbySuckout
06-30-2005, 09:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I Will have to check out there new album before i go see them with Napalm death at the troc in philly on 9/7

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be at this show.

steelcmg
06-30-2005, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be at this show.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet we should to try and meet up. I will be in one of 2 places the mosh pit or at the bar. Its kinda hard to discribe what ill be wearing because everyone dresses the same at these shows. lol

DeathbySuckout
06-30-2005, 10:16 AM
Yeah, I'll be the one with long hair and a black band shirt, ha ha.
I'll probably see you in the Pit, at least during Napalm Death's set.

steelcmg
06-30-2005, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'll be the one with long hair and a black band shirt, ha ha.
I'll probably see you in the Pit, at least during Napalm Death's set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i shouldnt be to hard to spot out im like 6'5 short spiked hair and ill be with one guy that looks like hes a 35 year old skin head cuz hes goin bald and my cousin who looks like a topical Death metal guy.