PDA

View Full Version : Saving Seats at Movie Theatres

Klepton
06-30-2005, 06:35 AM
what is the general opinion with saving seats?

tonight i went with 2 friends to War of the Worlds at the mann chinese theatre.

we got there like 30 minutes early and the line was already around the block. when we got in there were some seats in the middle available, what looked like to be 2 rows with only the left half of each occupied.

i came up to the row and see this douche-baggy type guy standing there. he says "sorry i have this row saved"

this row? wtf?

i didn't care, and neither did my friends, and we found 3 seats easily.

but later we got to talking, and we were wondering what this guy could do if 5 people just sat down. i mean the guy saved about 10-15 seats. and he was the only one there. could he go to an usher and demand his seats? i bet the usher would laugh at him.

it's my opinion that you could save max like 2 seats by yourself, and maybe one more with a jacket. anything more and you're a douchebag.

this also reminded me of the time i saw "attack of the clones." as we bought our tickets like 2 days beforehand (flame away if you want, i was in high school) the ticket person made us understand that you could not save seats during the show.

when we went inside the theatre the ushers let people sit wherever they wanted, but they had to stay seated until the entire movie theatre was filled, then they could go get snacks and such. they also enforced everyone to not leave open seats in the middle (you know when a group of 4 and a group of 3 need "space").

wow that turned into a rant...anyone got some good saving seat related stories?

[censored]
06-30-2005, 06:40 AM
Saving 1-2 seats is fine I think but a entire row is ridiculous. It becomes a contest a wills at that point likely determined by who is willing to go the furthest.

Eurotrash
06-30-2005, 06:41 AM
i don't really have a crazy story, but I have to agree that saving an entire row of seats is just kind of ridiculous.

also, in a non-crowded threater, I just gotta have my buffer seats.

MikeL05
06-30-2005, 07:49 AM
If you said or did something, like sat down in "his" row, you likely would have had to physically beat him to a pulp to make him and his friends not be obnoxious to you and/or the rest of the theater during the movie.

exist
06-30-2005, 07:56 AM
did you notice if the row was actually filled up by people that appeared to know him?

steelcmg
06-30-2005, 08:12 AM
Yea if it was me and my friends we probably would have sat down to piss the guy off.

FouTight
06-30-2005, 08:26 AM
when I was younger, I used to work as an usher in a movie theatre, and I can tell you what my response would be.

Actually, I can see myself kicking the guy out as this series of events unfolds:

Hero: "some guy is trying to save a whole row"
Me (to villian): "Sir, you can't save an entire row, anything more then 3 seats is just nuts"
Villian: "I can do whatever I want"
Me: (to villian): "Ohh yeah?"
Me: (to hero): "Sit wherever you like"
Villian:"you can't do that man" (making a scene)
Me (to villian): "Don't make a scene"
villian: "I'll do whatever I want to do, punk"
Me (to villian) "I'm going to have to ask you to leave"

Alobar
06-30-2005, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Saving 1-2 seats is fine I think but a entire row is ridiculous. It becomes a contest a wills at that point likely determined by who is willing to go the furthest.

[/ QUOTE ]