PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Interpoker

LazyFool526
06-30-2005, 05:12 AM
Every time I try to download Interpoker, I am unable to open up the install because it says:

"Failed to Register UA, please contact software vendor."

Before I e-mail Interpoker, I was wondering if anyone knew a way to fix this.

Thx

Orpheus
07-03-2005, 05:12 PM
UA is the Upgrade Assistant Program

Failing to register usually means a registry problem or rarely a problem with the associated DLL. Either could possibly signal a much bigger problem with your system, if it recurs. You might consider running a registry cleaning or repair utility.

If that doesn't work, check your max registry size:
System Properties ->Advanced (tab) -Performance Options (button) ->change (button)

You should be *nowhere near* the max, even before you clean your registry. If you are, find out what is dumping all that garbage into it. or restore your OS from a backup or reinstall your OS/apps from scratch.

I've found Interpoker to be of no help when it comes to UA issues. I got into a perpetual upgrade loop, where the program does nothing but tell me an upgrade is available, downloads/installs it, and then starts over again. They told me point blank that they had no idea why, and never gave me anything but "level 1 clueless newb" advice, even after I sent them the results of much more sophisticated tests and attempts at a solution. I finally installed it to a backup copy of the OS that I kept on another partiton for emergencies. It turns out there wasn't even really an upgrade available (over the version I had downloaded) in the first place