PDA

View Full Version : SIDE BET: 2 accounts in top 5 emp leaderboard????

raptor517
06-30-2005, 04:40 AM
ok, so for next month, im going to go back to playing a crapload. i was wondering, if anyone would take a bet against me for making the top 5 on the emp tourney masters leaderboard TWICE. in the same month. thats right. two accounts in the top 5. yall may think im insane, thats fine. i dont even know if i can do it. however, im looking for a bet in the neighborhood of 5k-10k. is anyone interested? is this a waste of forum space? i dont really know. post away with thoughts and if u want to take some action on this. i need the 5k+ so i have motivation to actually make myself play that damn much on 2 accounts. holla

fluorescenthippo
06-30-2005, 05:15 AM
will you be playing the 215s mostly?

treeofwisdom7
06-30-2005, 05:30 AM
wanna make a 25$ bet? HAHAAAA

raptor517
06-30-2005, 05:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
will you be playing the 215s mostly?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. more than likely, only the 215s. holla

Freudian
06-30-2005, 06:07 AM
Haven't you been top five with one of your accounts already?

If so, I doubt anyone wants to take this bet since you have proven yourself to be crazy enough to play that much already and since you just add four more tables - voila, you have two in the top five.

byronkincaid
06-30-2005, 06:29 AM
Didn't gramps say he regularily hits near the top only playing 700ish a month. So you gotta play 1500ish which is about a weeks work for you right? hey why not take your time, like Mr Miyagi used to say, two weeks on, two weeks off, two weeks on...... /images/graemlins/smile.gif holla

daveymck
06-30-2005, 07:41 AM
I would take the bet it would be an angle shoot wanting to know the two account names beforehand, letting empire know having one closed and voila I win the bet.

I suggest being careful on letting your account names out.

skipperbob
06-30-2005, 08:26 AM
GEE RAPTOR: I hate to be a spoilsport, but you are currently #43 & I am #47....The leaderboard mostly "rewards" endurance as opposed to results....So, if you are only 4 spots higher than me amd you play ten(x)times as many $215's as I do, that means that you must book alot of losers /images/graemlins/confused.gif

FieryJustice
06-30-2005, 10:36 AM
I would almost consider making a side bet with someone that I will be at the top of the board next month. I'm just trying to get enough eppoints to get the damn vegas vacation. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

wrongshui
06-30-2005, 10:40 AM
Where you from in Dallas Rap?

I almost moved there from San Antonio a few years ago, over to... er, the Addison area, but it busted when I accidentally slept with the bosses mistress.

AbelM
06-30-2005, 11:23 AM
I would say this takes about 8 hours of playing every day for a month which should be quite doable.

So i'm not taking the bet, but i'm curious if someone else will. Keep us updated /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Sponger15SB
06-30-2005, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
GEE RAPTOR: I hate to be a spoilsport, but you are currently #43 & I am #47

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch out....sponger has been climbing the ladder and is at 102 right now!

Maybe if I could get out of the depression that is a 39 buy in downswing and play some, I could actually make it somewhere on the top 50.

TheUsher
06-30-2005, 11:46 AM
Better watch out now if this bet gets taken because I'll be a big hindrance trying to accomplish the same thing. /images/graemlins/wink.gif Top 5 is going to probably be minimum 33k-35k for 5th next month. That would have taken 1st in the previous months but last month just set a precedent for crazy people. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

johnnybeef
06-30-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
when I accidentally slept with the bosses mistress.

[/ QUOTE ]

no body accidentally sleeps with the bosses mistress.

wrongshui
06-30-2005, 12:34 PM
Well, she was an employee at the company that was headhunting me... They flew me down, to interview a few times, and find a house... she was the person to show me around town... Needless to say, it happened a few times that weekend.

I didnt find out she was sleeping with the boss till a few weeks later, and had to decline the job. =/

Newt_Buggs
06-30-2005, 12:44 PM
Anyone who actually took this bet against you for $5K+ would have to be insane

Gramps
06-30-2005, 12:52 PM
In fairness of full disclosure, I'm going to the East Coast/Europe for 5 weeks starting July 9th, so you'll have one less volume player to compete against next month...

The Yugoslavian
06-30-2005, 12:56 PM
The only way someone takes this bet is if they set up a team and try to block you out of the top 5. Even this will be tough b/c you still only need 2/5 spots and they will need 4/5 spots. The only reason they might take this bet is you will likely go on tilt, play higher limits until you finally go broke about half way through the month. Then you will be easy pickins.

My guess is no one takes this bet.

Yugoslav

skipperbob
06-30-2005, 01:04 PM
/images/graemlins/smile.gif"OMG"...I checked the Empire Leaderboard at 5:00AM(PDT) today when I posted the note about Raptor being #43 & me being #47...Well that must have been results as of 6/28, because I just checked again and I am #48(terrible day yesterday) and Raptor is like #25....How on this earth do you go from #43 to #25 ? ? ?...That had to have been a (+) $$Ten large day /images/graemlins/blush.gif

PS: TheUsher is #24 /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Meatmaw
06-30-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i need the 5k+ so i have motivation to actually make myself play that damn much on 2 accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]
You need the 5K? Wouldn't the 5K be pretty insignificant compared to the amt of cash you'd generate from the playing in that month alone? Variance hitting you bad or something?

Gramps
06-30-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Didn't gramps say he regularily hits near the top only playing 700ish a month

[/ QUOTE ]

And I play them in straight sets - I still have trouble with a bunch of games going when shorthanded, so I don't restart them right away. If you 8-table 2 accounts and restart right away, you can hit top-5 for 2 accounts playing <40 hours per week easy.

FieryJustice
06-30-2005, 01:32 PM
fwiw, I have played 400 sngs in 10 days this month on empire, as "FieryJustice" is a new account. I have 19k points right now, with tepop havint 45k points, and being the leader by far, next month I an most anyone who plays 1000+ sngs a month should be over 45k points. Anyways...19k x 3 = 60k, so I think anyone who plays a good amount "should" be up there.

TheNoodleMan
06-30-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i need the 5k+ so i have motivation to actually make myself play that damn much on 2 accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]
You need the 5K? Wouldn't the 5K be pretty insignificant compared to the amt of cash you'd generate from the playing in that month alone? Variance hitting you bad or something?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think he needs the motivation, not the money.

TheUsher
06-30-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/smile.gif"OMG"...I checked the Empire Leaderboard at 5:00AM(PDT) today when I posted the note about Raptor being #43 & me being #47...Well that must have been results as of 6/28, because I just checked again and I am #48(terrible day yesterday) and Raptor is like #25....How on this earth do you go from #43 to #25 ? ? ?...That had to have been a (+) $$Ten large day /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'm really lagging this month from all the stuff here at home and the vacations I've been taking. Next month should hopefully be different but I'll be gone again the first week so I might be trying out running continuous instead of in sets to try and catch up. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TheUsher
06-30-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say motivation is worth much more than the 5k since if you actually go for 2 accounts in top 5 you'll make much much more than 5k in rakeback alone. This is actually a very interesting bet for raptor since it'll get him to actually make some damn goals for the month. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

johnnybeef
06-30-2005, 01:55 PM
right, but you still didn't accidentally nail her!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ClaytonN
06-30-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was going to say. This post looks like a "I'm getting a little lazy so maybe this will get my ass back in gear"

DonButtons
06-30-2005, 03:32 PM
Uh oh...

Im already taking a break for the past day or two preparing for July biatches...

Bigwig
06-30-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
however, im looking for a bet in the neighborhood of 5k-10k.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, I don't think you're insane because you are trying to get two accounts in the Empire leaderboard.

I think you're insane because of the above quote, insane person.

raptor517
06-30-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea skipper, i havent played at all all month in sngs. remember, i took a break to play mtts and hu sngs. so, i only have 4 days of play logged. getting to 23 at the end of the month with 4 days of play.. top 5 on 2 should be cake. how bout, i get 2 accounts in the top 4. does that change anyones choice of taking the bet? i need motivation people!!!!! holla

The Don
06-30-2005, 03:58 PM
I don't think anyone would bet against this unless they had a plan to somehow injure you or blow up your computer or something.

raptor517
06-30-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think anyone would bet against this unless they had a plan to somehow injure you or blow up your computer or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats ok ive played with a broken mouse hand for 2 months, and i got 2 laptops waiting to be 8 tabled on /images/graemlins/wink.gif holla

DonButtons
06-30-2005, 04:20 PM
I would bet 10k if you cant eat any candy (hahaha) while 8 tabling...

fluorescenthippo
06-30-2005, 04:42 PM
how about 3 accounts in the top 5. now this would be a challenge

Apathy
06-30-2005, 04:43 PM
I would consider betting against you for some amount 10k+ but it would have to be a different month so I can actually try to stop you. Maybe september or october.

Also you should be careful about posting that you have two empire accounts on a public forum...

skipperbob
06-30-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also you should be careful about posting that you have two empire accounts on a public forum

[/ QUOTE ]

Trying to caution Raptor is like telling Karl Wallenda that the rope "looks slippery today" /images/graemlins/blush.gif

microbet
06-30-2005, 05:27 PM
Life is being on the wire, everything else is just waiting.

skipperbob
06-30-2005, 05:35 PM
Had I used "wire", as you have correctly pointed out, the analogy might have been lost on the masses /images/graemlins/frown.gif

TeeJayORTj
06-30-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fwiw, I have played 400 sngs in 10 days this month on empire, as "FieryJustice" is a new account. I have 19k points right now, with tepop havint 45k points, and being the leader by far, next month I an most anyone who plays 1000+ sngs a month should be over 45k points. Anyways...19k x 3 = 60k, so I think anyone who plays a good amount "should" be up there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played with you in 5 of them over the past week or so....your good luck for me. I won 3 of the 5.

raptor517
06-30-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I played with you in 5 of them over the past week or so....your good luck for me. I won 3 of the 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea hes good luck for everyone. holla

astarck
07-01-2005, 01:02 PM
Anyone know how far up the leaderboard you could get playing at the low levels full time?

Is top 50 possible playing the 22-33s?

zipppy
07-01-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know how far up the leaderboard you could get playing at the low levels full time?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're playing fulltime, I believe it's very possible. I play part time, and playing the 11s I used to make it to around the top 1000 on party.

I know that's no where close, but doing the math I had estimated that I could've made the top 100 playing 11s.

I would imagine that playing 22s and 33s on Empire would make top 50 possible.

microbet
07-01-2005, 01:38 PM
I've seen stupidsucker on the list and he mostly plays those levels.

The Yugoslavian
07-01-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've seen <font color="red">Yugoslav</font> on the list and he mostly plays those levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Yugoslav
That was then..this is now....or something.

microbet
07-01-2005, 02:12 PM
I do recall seeing you on that list. It wasn't during your 8-tabling the $55s run?

Microbet
Who very likely will never make that list.

Nottom
07-01-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I made it 3 months straight playing 30s/50s and no more than 400-500 in any month. Its getting harder to make the list but if you put in fulltime play you should make it I would think.

The Yugoslavian
07-01-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I do recall seeing you on that list. It wasn't during your 8-tabling the $55s run?

Microbet
Who very likely will never make that list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, no, the only time I made it was the first month I had an Empire account and was playing $33s consisitently all month. Since then I've had a period of time each month where I haven't played. Two months I was very close to the leaderboard at the end of the month (and so didn't make the leaderboard).

The leaderboard has been getting harder and harder to appear on also, btw....which is interesting in and of itself.

Not sure if/when I'll be back on the leaderboard....frankly, I find myself playing less and enjoying that more rather than setting high volume goals.

Oh, if this is what I did for a living getting on the leaderboard each month would be trivial.

Yugoslav

xLukex
07-01-2005, 02:23 PM
I will pay you 5k if you make 3 screen names and get 1-3 on the leaderboard.

1. RAPTOR
2. ISTEH
3. PWN
4. HAHAHAHAHAMORANS (optional)

Meatmaw
07-01-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I made it 3 months straight playing 30s/50s and no more than 400-500 in any month. Its getting harder to make the list but if you put in fulltime play you should make it I would think.

[/ QUOTE ]
4-tabling the 33s for about 4 hours will probably get you about 400 points on average, so if you figure you need about 12000 to make it in the mid 40s on that list, then you're looking at doing that every day for the month, with days off if you push harder or get luckier on some days.

Playing the 55s will get you about 40% faster yield (1st place gives you about 70 points versus about 50) so you could cut it to about 3 hrs a night doing 50s probably. That's just an estimate, as I've been trying to barely get on the list and stay there myself.

skipperbob
07-01-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The leaderboard has been getting harder and harder to appear on also, btw....which is interesting in and of itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might want to check out the Skipperbob appearance @ #45 on Empire Leaderboard (BunnieLee)....Not too bad for an old fart that single-table's....Raptor is much higher, but then again, there's is no "penalty" for losing....It's only "how many you win"...So Raptor plays 8,798,576,033,484 $215's per month and I play maybe 300.

Might want to rethink the "STTF - HUC" too
/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Big Limpin'
07-01-2005, 05:05 PM
OMG OMG OMG !!!!!
I just looked closer it says if you get in the top FIVE each month you get a DIPLOMA mailed to you !!!!!!!!
They have a picture of it and everything. wowowowow i want one soooo bad! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

zipppy
07-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Does Empire just not care that you have multiple accounts? I mean, won't they have to send your diplomas to the same address?

raptor517
07-01-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does Empire just not care that you have multiple accounts? I mean, won't they have to send your diplomas to the same address?

[/ QUOTE ]

all my accounts are under family names with different addresses. holla

Big Limpin'
07-01-2005, 06:43 PM
raps, since you wont grad university....try to get as many of those "diplomas" as you can. Will make a funnyassed resume /images/graemlins/confused.gif

raptor517
07-01-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
raps, since you wont grad university....try to get as many of those "diplomas" as you can. Will make a funnyassed resume /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i made a thread a while ago that mentioned i was going back. im gonna take 12 hours in the fall. if it sucks still, ill quit again. its still free so i might as well. holla