PDA

View Full Version : Folding AKs in the BB

Bigdaddydvo
06-30-2005, 04:10 AM
Final Table WSOP Stars double shootout. Me, MP3, and the CO are all roughly tied for chips at about 2500. Both are solid. Blinds 50/100. MP3 opens to 375, and CO immediately pushes. I have A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and fold. Thoughts?

bmxreed36
06-30-2005, 05:03 AM
How many left and what are the other stack sizes?

ansky451
06-30-2005, 07:49 AM
This is an intersting hand, I'd like to see what the STT people have to say about it as well.

schwza
06-30-2005, 11:05 AM
looks like a good time to double up to me.

all the $ goes to 1st, so this is pretty different from a normal STT (where i'd call anyway).

Voltron87
06-30-2005, 11:08 AM
fold

AaronO
06-30-2005, 11:15 AM
Anymore I almost live by the saying that AK is a great raising hand and a terrible calling hand. Of course it seems like every time I call the raiser has a middle pair that holds up, and every time I fold to multiple raises, they flip over A-Qo and A-10s.

DyessMan89
06-30-2005, 11:35 AM
I would fold this as well. Dont like calling all my chips off on AKs in tihs situation.

EvanCharuk
06-30-2005, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This question needs to be answered, because my decision would be different based on if it was a full table or 3 handed.

Assuming it's a full table, fold.

Bigdaddydvo
06-30-2005, 12:06 PM
8 remain.

schwza
06-30-2005, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This question needs to be answered, because my decision would be different based on if it was a full table or 3 handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

accoring to TPFAP, this should not matter. % to win = % of chips on the table, so hero should maximize chipEV regardless if there are 4 or 8 players. (2nd-8th all pay the same, right?).

TheBlueMonster
06-30-2005, 12:15 PM
Your hand is most likely live (doubt you're up against AA or KK).
It depends on whether or not you just want to move up in money or win the whole thing. If you're in it to win the whole thing you might want to gamble. (Of course it wouldn't be the smartest gamble if the player that pushed has more chips than you)
Even if he has a random non-paired hand, it's still a tossup.

EvanCharuk
06-30-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

accoring to TPFAP, this should not matter. % to win = % of chips on the table, so hero should maximize chipEV regardless if there are 4 or 8 players. (2nd-8th all pay the same, right?).

[/ QUOTE ]

You are absolutely right. I totally ignored the fact only first would pay. I revise my belief based on this notion and push here.

Would you want the original bettor to call too? My instinct tells me that you would want the original bettor to call all in as well, however I have nothing to back it up besides my instinct at this time.