PDA

View Full Version : Does absolute LIE about the stats in its game tab?

bigredlemon
06-30-2005, 03:46 AM
I'm playing in a game that supposedly has 40 hands per hour and an average pot of $36. Of the last 30 hands I looked at, only ONE was above $35, and it was only $36.20. The vast majority of the pots were much smaller. I also timed 5 hands as the game felt very slow. The average came to 3:30 per hand, not 0:60!!!!

None of those stats cited by Absolute were even remotely close. I know the data was NOT outdated because I sat down when there were just 2 people playing HU, and the pots were very small then. The only possible explanation is that Absolute updates the hands per hour stat very slowly, whereas it updates the pot size average much more frequently. Even then, it would explain why the quoted average is so much higher than the actual average, unless it's been using data from more than 5 hours ago.

Anyone want to run some numbers to verify what i'm seeing?

aK13
06-30-2005, 06:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm playing in a game that supposedly has 40 hands per hour and an average pot of $36. Of the last 30 hands I looked at, only ONE was above $35, and it was only $36.20. The vast majority of the pots were much smaller. I also timed 5 hands as the game felt very slow. The average came to 3:30 per hand, not 0:60!!!!

None of those stats cited by Absolute were even remotely close. I know the data was NOT outdated because I sat down when there were just 2 people playing HU, and the pots were very small then. The only possible explanation is that Absolute updates the hands per hour stat very slowly, whereas it updates the pot size average much more frequently. Even then, it would explain why the quoted average is so much higher than the actual average, unless it's been using data from more than 5 hours ago.

Anyone want to run some numbers to verify what i'm seeing?

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't lie, it's just buggy. Bonuswhores tells you that absolute's stats function is [censored] up.

Leavenfish
06-30-2005, 07:14 AM
Better question: Do whores who play there lie with tales of how good a deal it is...just to try and get new people to play there when there are so few games to chose between?

---Leavenfish

CountDuckula
06-30-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Better question: Do whores who play there lie with tales of how good a deal it is...just to try and get new people to play there when there are so few games to chose between?

---Leavenfish

[/ QUOTE ]

The last thing I'd want is a table full of other 2+2ers. I want more fishies! /images/graemlins/grin.gif If someone who posts here says they hate Absolute and won't play there, that's just fine with me; I'm not going to try to talk them out of it.

-Mike

z80x86
06-30-2005, 11:00 AM
I liked clearing that $500 bonus at Absolute. If you're aggressive, the shorthanded 2/4 and 3/6 tables aren't that hard to beat.

mosquito
06-30-2005, 04:05 PM
The stats can be very slow to update....

Synergistic Explosions
06-30-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

---Leavenfish

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone knows, Party has ALL the fish. It is better to play at Party with no bonus and paying the highest low limit rake structure, than to play these bonus hoe sites.

Everyone knows that. If you are a good player, play at Party only.

oreogod
06-30-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

---Leavenfish

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone knows, Party has ALL the fish. It is better to play at Party with no bonus and paying the highest low limit rake structure, than to play these bonus hoe sites.

Everyone knows that. If you are a good player, play at Party only.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless u cant stand their software.