PDA

View Full Version : raising rockets

oddjob
02-03-2003, 05:54 PM
colorado, $2-5. loose passive table. these folks will call to the river as long as they got a piece of the puzzle. i'm in early position with red AA's. i make it $7 to go, 2 mp's call $7. a late mp (solid tight player) makes it $12. the blind will call with any suited cards (he ran me down my KK's earlier with J2h's as he stated preflop "i gotta at least see the flop"), and he throws in an extra $10.

i knew the lmp had rockets as well, as i knew this was the only thing he'd reraise me with (he gave me a lot of respect for my play for some reason?, heh). now the way the cold callers were, i felt like we could trap them all for more money, as they hated to not see a flop, and called much more the whole night. so i make it $17, to my dismay, the 2 mp's fold, the LMP makes it $22, and the blind, after much deliberation throws his cards away. i call, and check call to the river. my read was right, and i couldn't help think that if i hadn't 3-bet, we could have had more money to split?

thoughts?

Dynasty
02-04-2003, 01:19 AM
i call, and check call to the river

Terribly played post-flop. You've got to get some check-raises in both for value and to protect your hand.