PDA

View Full Version : 6-12 home game: bad fold? BARELYLEGALTEENS.COM

Tyler Durden
02-03-2003, 03:13 PM
This is from the same game as Huh's post. I'm not good at recreating live hands but I'll try my best. The game was loose aggressive with some good players, all players I have played with many times:

I'm in MP with the red fours. Three limp to me and I limp as well. Two limp after and we see the flop 6 handed.

The flop is A /forums/images/icons/club.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif. Nice flop! Too bad about the flush and wheel draw though. Oh well, time to hike up your skirt, grab your balls and make some money!

It's checked to me so of course I bet it. An MP calls and so does an EP. Three to the turn

It's the 7 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif. The EP bets out, I raise, the LP 3-bets. The EP calls and I call. Should I have capped? The LP is a good player but I can't say much about whether or not he jams his draws. I think he sometimes does. The EP calls also.

The river is the 8 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif. Well I'm really taking it in the pooper now!! We both check to the LP who bets, the EP folds and I......

I fold my set after thinking for about 45 seconds.

Flame away please.

Tyler Durden
02-03-2003, 03:15 PM
Given the subject title of my post, I don't think I had anyone in suspense about what my river action was. Oops.

Homer
02-03-2003, 05:50 PM
I think you have to either bet the river yourself, or check-fold. I like your raise on the turn, but when LP three-bets, he is almost certainly ahead of your set of 4's. When the flush card comes on the river, I would bet and hope for LP to lay down a bigger set or a straight. If you are raised you can fold, obviously. In my opinion, this play is much, much better than check-calling, since you are putting in the same bet either way, but by betting yourself you may make LP fold a better hand. I think this play is better than check-folding as well, the more I think about it.

-- Homer

Tyler Durden
02-03-2003, 05:55 PM

Tyler Durden
02-03-2003, 05:56 PM
Sorry about the empty post. I was going to say that betting and folding to a raise is an interesting idea, but I don't see why that's better than check-folding?

Homer
02-03-2003, 05:59 PM
Because I think there is a better than 1/15 chance that your opponent has a straight or an overset and will fold to your bet. I am basing this on a typical opponent, so this person might be different, but in general I think betting out is +EV.

-- Homer