Shilly
06-30-2005, 03:42 AM
What was the point of this, exactly?

Jman28
06-30-2005, 03:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What was the point of this, exactly?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's axking us to critique his play.

Jman28
06-30-2005, 03:50 AM
Hand 1:
Very read dependent on UTG. I'm not worried usually about SB. I think against most players, I push...but this is the toughest one.

Hand 2:
Push

Hand 3:
Push

Shilly
06-30-2005, 04:11 AM
Alright--

Hand 1: Folding is pretty bad. You're already 100 in, why not risk a very small portion of your stack for the chance to break two opponents? Calling is only 250 more, it seems pretty ridiculous to fold here. With reads a push may also be a good choice, maybe even a better choice than calling.

Hand 2: Push. You're committing about a third of your stack while still providing decent odds for your opponent. Plus, the flop will come with overcards a majority of the time, why let yourself get outplayed with the best hand? Just push.

Hand 3: Easy push.

SumZero
06-30-2005, 04:41 AM
Hand 1 is a push. You can put the squeeze play on the two players and you have more chips then them anyways.

Hand 2 is tough. Depends on the table. If the table is passive (like many are) I might limp for set/overpair value. I might push all-in. I might fold and wait for a better spot (especially if table image is such that I think I'll get callers with overcards). I think I like them in this order.

Hand 3 is a clear push.

elonkra
06-30-2005, 04:45 AM
Hand one may be a case of my overrating FE. I felt like I had a big enough stack (27BB after fold) to outplay these guys in better spots, and I chose to do so because I felt like best case scenario with a push was getting one caller w/an underpair, and more likely two overs or better. Turns out the guys had four overs (AQ off and JK off, respectively). In any event, I'm not sure I'm comfortable calling here. Set probability is low, and chance of taking pot down w/probe bet seems too low. Maybe I'm trying to steal my way ITM too often. Maybe I'm too afraid to play postflop. Not sure, that's why I posted.

In hand two, I didn't mind getting a single caller, certainly didn't think I was giving a drawing hand good odds, and felt like the size of my bet might make me look like I wanted a caller bad enough to take it down preflop. Felt like I could fold if necessary w/the good position, didn't see much difference between 12BB and 8BB, and didn't feel like this necessarily had to be a push, since I wasn't quite at 10BB yet and wasn't quite betting 30% of my stack (besides, I'm not sure I buy the if 30% push rule - how 'bout a go-and-go now and then?)

On the third hand, I felt like this was an easy push, but obviously don't have end-game play down quite yet, and wanted to confirm.

elonkra
06-30-2005, 05:28 PM
Anyone think the fold is ok in hand one or the raise to t400 in hand two?

yoadrians
06-30-2005, 05:34 PM
I just can't see folding TT in hand one. I push.

Raise in hand No. 2 still gives people good odds to stick around and catch. I like a push here, as well.

elonkra
06-30-2005, 06:36 PM
Here's what I'm having trouble with. I raised 4xBB on the second hand. That's NOT giving drawing hands good odds to stick around and catch. That's giving stupid people with underdog hands bad odds to stick around and lose money when I still have the best hand after the flop, which I most likely will. I'm not at 10xBB yet, and I'm not even betting 30% of my stack. Why not try to make some money here, if I feel like I can lay this down?

AliasMrJones
06-30-2005, 06:42 PM
Push

Push

Push

adanthar
06-30-2005, 07:03 PM
1)Call, possibly a push (would definitely be a push if he was MP)
2)Push
3)Push

kyro
06-30-2005, 07:28 PM
I push the second hand. With a limper there's enough in the pot to try and take it down there. I agree with the other two hands.

lastchance
06-30-2005, 07:32 PM
I'd push all 3, and I don't think any of them are close.

With TT, you've got only 12x BB, raising 4x is a third of your stack, you might get two callers, and you're not winning any extra pots because of this, and you're letting Ax stay in.

Hand 1 is an easy push. You knock at least one opponent and get a nice overlay on your pot.

Hand 2 is also an easy push because you can't lay down TT postflop on almost any board once 1/3 of your stack is in there.

Hand 3 is a really easy 7x BB push with KJo in CO.

yoadrians
06-30-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's what I'm having trouble with. I raised 4xBB on the second hand. That's NOT giving drawing hands good odds to stick around and catch. That's giving stupid people with underdog hands bad odds to stick around and lose money when I still have the best hand after the flop, which I most likely will. I'm not at 10xBB yet, and I'm not even betting 30% of my stack. Why not try to make some money here, if I feel like I can lay this down?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even with your raise, both players still are getting better than 2-to-1 to call. Those aren't bad odds.