PDA

View Full Version : The logic of hand-washing

squeek12
06-30-2005, 03:20 AM
I'm anticipating a flaming, but hear me out. What exactly is the logic behind washing your hands after pissing? I don't normally piss on my hands, but if I did, I would certainly wash up. On the other hand, on a clean trip to the head, I feel that if anything is leaving that bathroom dirtier than it was before, it's my schlong.

Consider the fact that your hands are the part of your body that most frequently come into contact with potentially harmful substances, and your penis remains safely tucked away in clean underwear. These two facts lead to the logical conclusion that you should wash your hands before you unzip, not the other way around.

I suppose it's just common courtesy, but if everyone thought logically, the hand washing custom would cease to exist? Am I out of line here?

Ponks
06-30-2005, 03:24 AM
I know we've had this duscussion before. I suck at searching for posts, but I thought it was a funny post you, should see if you can find it.

Ponks

TimM
06-30-2005, 03:29 AM
Search for unique words in the post.

In this case Coliform Bacteria (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=1814378&Fo rum=All_Forums&Words=coliform&Searchpage=0&Limit=2 5&Main=1813885&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&dat erange=1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertyp e=&bodyprev=#Post1814378)

jason_t
06-30-2005, 03:31 AM
I think it's just to make people wash their hands at regular intervals.

squeek12
06-30-2005, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only valid point that I can think of.

Blarg
06-30-2005, 03:50 AM
If you think you don't get splashback, you're wrong.

Besides, balls are always oily(like every other skin part) or sweating. Helps cool them off, and the body likes to keep them quite a bit cooler than the internal temperature. Can't really do that in multiple layers of clothes very easily, therefore, sweat tries. And in that warm environment, bacteria has a field day.

Stu Pidasso
06-30-2005, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition to splash back you pick up even more crap when you touch the handle to flush.

Stu

squeek12
06-30-2005, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Besides, balls are always oily(like every other skin part) or sweating. Helps cool them off, and the body likes to keep them quite a bit cooler than the internal temperature. Can't really do that in multiple layers of clothes very easily, therefore, sweat tries. And in that warm environment, bacteria has a field day.

[/ QUOTE ]

My nursing and med school friends constantly freak me out with stuff like this. I guess when it comes to sanitation issues, ignorance is bliss. With regard to these issues, on a scale of 1-10 where one is disgustingly unsanitary and 10 is OCD, I rate myself a 4.

Maulik
06-30-2005, 04:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition to splash back you pick up even more crap when you touch the handle to flush.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

just get rakeback and be done with it

HesseJam
06-30-2005, 04:44 AM
As a matter of fact, regularly washing your hands (8-10 times a day) is the single most effective measure to prevent you from catching a cold or influenza if many people around are infected.

Argus
06-30-2005, 08:02 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the reason. I was actually discussing this with my sister today and would have started a similar thread if I hadn't anticipated such a negative reaction. Your dick really isn't any dirtier than the rest of you, in fact touching your own face is probably dirtier than touching your dick. Save some for the whales.

MoreWineII
06-30-2005, 10:24 AM
While I'm not going to debate if your dick is any dirtier than the rest of you, I just don't want your dick stuff on the door handle that I'm going to have to touch when I leave the bathroom or any of the other surfaces we may share.

It takes five seconds, just wash your [censored] hands.

BusterStacks
06-30-2005, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe i kick the handle. every time.

jakethebake
06-30-2005, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe i kick the handle. every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. And if i need to raise/lower the seat it's also done with my foot.

Alobar
06-30-2005, 11:13 AM
sweet, its been like 2 weeks since we last discussed this, im sure there will be so much more added to the convorsation this time.

rusellmj
06-30-2005, 11:14 AM
Not washing hands is why they have a hepatitus problem in some asian countries. That, and the fact they sleep with chickens. Wash your hands retarts.

captZEEbo1
06-30-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
While I'm not going to debate if your dick is any dirtier than the rest of you, I just don't want your dick stuff on the door handle that I'm going to have to touch when I leave the bathroom or any of the other surfaces we may share.

It takes five seconds, just wash your [censored] hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should just use the paper towel used to dry your hands to open the door, b/c the door handle IS going to be dirty. Either that, or use your sleeve (if in long sleeved shirt), or use your forearm.

blaze666
06-30-2005, 04:32 PM
i have mild OCD i think.if you are using a urinal, there is no logiv behind it, BUT people with OCD would feel more comfortable washing thier hands anyway. and, if you want to open the handle without touching it, i always find that you should pull down the end with your pinky, and then using your elbow, slide the handle down.