PDA

View Full Version : My favorite gunfight moves from action flicks

vulturesrow
06-30-2005, 02:52 AM
So last night I was watching Face Off, which is a favorite of mine. Because it is a favorite, it has some of my favorite gunfight moves

(a) diving through the air at someone as you shoot at them
(b) the super shotgun blast that blows the guy 15 feet across the room (I think it was a shotgun)
(c) the crossed arms w/pistols move to shoot dudes standing on either side of you

Then in the final battle, Nicholas Cage does the super sweet somersault flip onto the ground to avoid getting shot.

Macdaddy Warsaw
06-30-2005, 02:58 AM
If you haven't seen Equilibrium, do so immediately.

The final gunfight is simply awesome.

Boris
06-30-2005, 02:59 AM
Indiana Jones when he shoots the guy with the bullwhip.

Hermlord
06-30-2005, 03:21 AM
The Last Dragon (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089461/)

"Catching bullets with his teeth"...

vulturesrow
06-30-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Last Dragon (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089461/)

"Catching bullets with his teeth"...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh yes, one of those movies that is so absurdly bad that it turns good. Although I was referring more to usage of guns, but clearly catching a bullet in your teeth is an excellent gunfight move.

ptmusic
06-30-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you haven't seen Equilibrium, do so immediately.

The final gunfight is simply awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely.

WARNING: A BIT OF A SPOILER:

There are a few other amazing scenes, including the very first one where the cleric instructs the cops to shoot down the door and blow the lights out as he runs towards the door. Then he slides on the just-shot-down door in the dark into the center of the room filled with the enemy. It is pitch black and silent for a few seconds, before he does his incredible martial arts meets Clint Eastwood routine.

What an amazing flick.

-ptmusic

Blarg
06-30-2005, 03:42 AM
I really liked it in Project A where Jackie Chan does some sort of sommersaulting thing, I forget exactly how it went, but I think it involved kicking a gun out of a guy's hand, sommersaulting over his back, and landing on the other side to catch the gun and point it at him. Very slick and cool. There was sort of a "hot potato" thing going on with the gun there where it went flying around the room a bit. I think he did something like that in the first Rush Hour, too.

In Collateral, the bit where Tom Cruise is on the floor on his back, shooting between his legs really looked great, too. That whole scene was great, like most Michael Mann directed gunplay sequences.

There are lots of gunfight scenes I love, but most don't involve "tricks" really, which is kind of a martial-artsy thing, so I'll just mention those ones above.