PDA

View Full Version : Best play on this hand?

Mercman572
06-30-2005, 02:21 AM
Blinds 150/300, 20 to the money. Hero has 3800 in chips and has been short stacked the whole tourny. SB is chip leader with 25k, super calling station (calls large raises with almost any two, except folding to an occassional push, and will show down). BUT sb raises his big face cards and raises when he hits. Button is average player with 8k in chips.

Hero is BB and blinds increase to 200/400 in less than 1 minute. Folded to button who open calls. SB completes. I see AJ. I think raising is out of the question because SB will call all but a push, and I'd be in bad shape if I bet and draw blanks. I think about pushing and possibly taking the 600 in chips, but I would would still only be about 10BB after the win. I elect to check in hopes to dump a missed hand or hopefully double up through the calling station if I hit either card. Thoughts about this line?

I check, flop comes 3, 7 9 Rainbow. 900 in pot. We check it through. Turn brings a Jack. SB raises 1200, I think I have him outkicked and push for 3500. Thoughts (yes villain will call with TPNK)?

TheJackal
06-30-2005, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I see AJ. I think raising is out of the question because SB will call all but a push, and I'd be in bad shape if I bet and draw blanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's a super calling station as you say, then AJ is ahead most of the time (enough to push). You want him to call with a worse hand than AJ. I would be more worried about the button calling. As far as the hand goes, I'd push in the same situation.

billyjex
06-30-2005, 03:40 AM
First off, no one's showing interest in the pot, which is 900 not 600 (your chips in the BB are no longer yours.)

AJo is a great hand to pull this move with. You could advocate doing this with any two. I push preflop.

Double Eagle
06-30-2005, 03:59 AM
You undoubtably have the best hand PF, get your chips in there while they're still good.