PDA

View Full Version : Posting with a weak ace

RedZak
06-30-2005, 02:18 AM
Obviously its my first hand at the table, so no reads.

I took a minute when the turn was bet and decided that I was most likely up against a set of 10s, or a made gutshot. An ace was also possible, but in that case I'm calling down praying for a chop. I hadn't invested much and the fold seemed right. Was this weak? Or a wise decision?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds.

Turn: (4 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5 BB

Bigdaddydvo
06-30-2005, 03:11 AM
This fold is awful. The K solved your kicker problems. It probably solved SB's, which is why he bet. Please call down...if he has a T, so be it.

setzf
06-30-2005, 03:18 AM
ok so the pot is small, you have a marginal hand with much confusion so folding will be correct almost all the time...buuuut how much is the information worth to you as to know exactly what he has. it will cost you probably 2 BB to see a showdown so if i was in the situation i would have to think if the information i pay for can be made up down the road. this i think is player and situation dependent. if your multitabling 8 tables for massive volume and get your reads from pt stats then just fold. but if youre like me and play live against opponnents that i will play with for maybe up to a 100 hours, then the information might well be worth it, especially since his play is so peculiar.

RedZak
06-30-2005, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but if youre like me and play live against opponnents that i will play with for maybe up to a 100 hours, then the information might well be worth it, especially since his play is so peculiar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I 4-table online and thus didn't think 2 BB was worth the information.

Athelas
06-30-2005, 03:47 AM
I don't think I would fold in this spot. I'm not giving SB credit for a ten, AK or QJ. Does anyone think calling down here would be a bad play?

aK13
06-30-2005, 06:01 AM
Possible that SB thought you were making a position bet and led out when he hit a K?

I think this bad.

Paxosmotic
06-30-2005, 06:15 AM
I hate to piggyback on what everyone else said, but there's almost no way this guy has a T as you would have been check-raised. He very well could have QJ or even any Q or J to beat you, but this one warrants a call down.

HajiShirazu
06-30-2005, 08:29 AM
This is a bad fold. You had a random hand, it's much more likely that he just refuses to believe you have an ace and is betting his king or total bluff. I say you split about 50%, win about 1 in three, and lose about one in six. Those are just total BS numbers but in any case there is money in the pot and not a lot of hands beat you that are played this way.

jskills
06-30-2005, 09:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This fold is awful. The K solved your kicker problems. It probably solved SB's, which is why he bet. Please call down...if he has a T, so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.