PDA

View Full Version : A Big Slick hand.

Huh
02-03-2003, 01:37 PM
$6-$12 Game, reasonable up to this point. Got very loose-aggressive from this point on.

One early "Any Two Card" limper, and I raise MP with
A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

All fold to the big-blind who calls. Big Blind's first hand at the table, but we have been at the same game before.

Three see the flop.
K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif T /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

Check-Check-I bet, BB raises, ATC folds, I re-raise, BB calls.

Turn:
K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

BB checks, I bet, BB raises, I call.

River
2 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif
BB bets, I call.

All comments would be greatly appreciated. Looking back through the post, I think I played it like a complete chump. Don't really want to say why, as I am very interested in everyone's comments.

Thanks,

Huh /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

marbles
02-03-2003, 02:21 PM
My knee-jerk reaction was that you got chumped as well, but I'm having trouble finding anything I'd do differently in reality. Similar to my post from earlier this morning, it's HU against an aggressive BB... That makes hand-reading tricky, to say the least.

With his CR on the turn, I have to assume that he's not afraid of naked trips. You have to call that as a 6-outer, but then when he bets again on the river, the call-or-fold decision seems razor-thin. He's very likely got you beat, but how can you lay that down for one BB in that pot? Once in a blue moon, he will have KQ or KJ.

Homer
02-03-2003, 02:27 PM
I think you played it fine. I can't imagine what I would do differently.

-- Homer

mobes
02-03-2003, 02:38 PM
Exactly how I would have played it. You had top pair with the biggest kicker, then trips with the kicker and bet very aggressively. You respected his check raise, you need to call this one down. If you run into QJ, K9, or KT there is nothing you can do.

Bob T.
02-04-2003, 01:14 AM
I don't get it, it seems like he might have had a set or straight on the flop, but he played it well by checkraising, to eliminate the gutshot draws, and calling your three bet, to get you to bet the turn. I don't think that you can fold to the turn checkraise, or the river bet.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

Stu Pidasso
02-04-2003, 01:26 AM
You played it perfectly, unfortunately, so did the big blind. Sometimes the cards just screw you and you just have to take it.

Stu

Huh
02-04-2003, 01:47 PM
Thanks for all the comments. I couldn't find much to do differently here either. Soon afterward I reconsidered my flop three-bet. The board was very co-ordinated making a lot of two-pair hands possible, in addition to the obvious made straight, yet I wanted to charge for draws.

Thanks,
Huh /forums/images/icons/confused.gif