PDA

View Full Version : QQ and confused

jskills
06-30-2005, 01:51 AM
UTG is a loose passive.
BB is a TAG.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero ?.

Anyone have a plan here? Please elaborate ...

wildwood
06-30-2005, 02:00 AM
HPFAP has some guidance on pg 133 (Playing good hands when it is three bets before the flop). fwiw

Azhrarn
06-30-2005, 03:50 AM
I like a straight call-down here, betting if they check to you. You can release your hand if UTG wakes up and raises.

Better hands are not folding if you raise, and I don't think you can raise for value here either. On the other hand, I think our hand is a little too good to fold it. The TAG could be betting a smaller pocket pair here for info/scare tactics, and who knows what UTG has. It would be nice to get rid of UTG, but that's not going to happen without more risk than is worth it.

BTW, I could see folding here if you had a good read on the BB's post-flop play.

akvsaq
06-30-2005, 05:01 AM
Raising doesn't accomplish anything. Folding is too weak-tight. I would call and await developments. If nobody is raising on the other streets, I'd call down, bet if checked to.

aK13
06-30-2005, 06:45 AM
We can raise/call, fold turn UI (I believe we'd have the odds to do that?). but then we get in trouble if we get smooth called, check/raised on the turn. Also, I don't think we're ahead often enough on this flop to justify a raise.

Calling down praying for JJ/TT seems bad also (since we capped I don't know if they'd lead here, we'd need to be good ~1/4 of the time, thats pretty unlikely), and if we raised they would fold these hands, so further justification for not raising.

Looks like fold is the way to go.

Klepton
06-30-2005, 07:09 AM
call down the whole way

bet if checked to

HajiShirazu
06-30-2005, 08:22 AM
I would call down and fold to a raise anywhere, bet if checked to and obviously raise if improved.
This one is closer than it sounds, however. I think most people have you beat to bet into you here, but I think folding in situations like these would just be terribly weak and make your game overall very exploitable.