PDA

View Full Version : why you guys always capping pots

mj12
06-29-2005, 11:44 PM
Whenever I come into the mid hi limit forum i always read about capping with draws, but sometimes this doesnt make much sense to me. Whenever theres a rr one of u almost always puts the man on a draw. I understand when there are large multiways pots and the odds are in your favor or when your trying to get a free card. but in a 3 way hand and someone caps or 3 bets on turn i cant figure out why a flush draw for example would make sense. Maybe its becuz im not quite at the limit u guys are at and the games are looser( 10 20 max right now) but i dont see another player folding or you getting maximum value in this situation.
Hope u guys can help I dont wanna be a fish when i move to 30 60
p.s. altho u mite

Lestat
06-29-2005, 11:57 PM
I don't think many of the good players on here ALWAYS do this. It just gets posted about more often than the boring straight forward check and call draws. If someone posts about raising or jamming a draw, it usually means there are other underlying principles present in the hand. These are the things you should be looking for and paying attention to.

Also, keep in mind that even against looser opponents they don't have to fold 100% of the time to make raising or check raising a good draw correct. Especially if it's with what sometimes will turn out to be the best hand.