PDA

View Full Version : If you have an hr till bed, do you quit early if you are winning?

AA suited
06-29-2005, 11:38 PM
The past couple of days, i've stopped playing my last set if i'm on a winning streak.

It may not be +EV, but it gives me peace that i'm going to sleep a winner.

this maybe due to the negative feelings during my 7week bad streak where i would goto bed frustrated and angry when i played till bedtime (and past it).

If you are winning, do you play the last set of the night and risk going to bed on a negative note? <font color="red"> Why/Why not?</font>

Freudian
06-29-2005, 11:42 PM
I don't mind taking it easy after winning 5-6 buyins even if I haven't played close to as many as I normally play. If I have run really well I might play some MTT or Omaha SnG for entertainment purposes. If I am even for the day I usually quit if I have played well but had a lot of bad luck. It feels like a small victory to not lose money days like that.

That isn't a big problem for me. The opposite is. I can't quit when I am running really bad. So I play too many SnGs while I am losing.

Myst
06-29-2005, 11:44 PM
Its the same whether I win or lose. I stop when I feel tired.

ChuckNorris
06-30-2005, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Its the same whether I win or lose. I stop when I feel tired.

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit: lol, I'm playing the last set of the night (am winning and not tired though.. but I got to go to bed sometimes cos it's 7AM here /images/graemlins/crazy.gif ) and so I understood the question opposite to what it meant. So change one "no" to a "yes" when you read the results.

It's pretty confusing how the thread topic and the actual poll question are phrased differently.

The Don
06-30-2005, 12:27 AM
I always do this and, yes, I consider it a psychological leak.

Unoriginalname
06-30-2005, 01:17 AM
I usually will play out all the sets I originally planned, whether I'm winning or losing. I didn't tonight though. My last 3 tournaments I went 1st, 1st, 1st...I just didn't have the guts to possibly stain that ending.

raptor517
06-30-2005, 02:25 AM
what does stop mean? holla

johnnybeef
06-30-2005, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what does stop mean? holla

[/ QUOTE ]

stop means go, kinda like when a chick says no, it really means yes.

jon462
06-30-2005, 02:28 AM
hell no.. if im winning im prolly playing well and i want more money!!.