PDA

View Full Version : 10 10 in the SB

RedZak
06-29-2005, 11:08 PM
Reads:
<font color="blue"> </font> BB <font color="black"> </font> is 41% vpip, 0% pfr, 1.0 af after only 18 hands.
<font color="purple"> </font> UTG <font color="black"> </font> is 23% vpip, 11% pfr , 1.7 af after about 60 hands.

Here are my thoughts street by street.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

I was thinking of reraising at first to make sure the BB folded, but decided against it as the raiser came in UTG and I didn't want to be putting in an extra bet out of position and possibly dominated.

Flop: (6 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Bingo, the perfect flop for me. I decided to lead out, expecting a raise from two overcards, and possibly also an overpair. When UTG flat called I was hoping he was slowplaying an overpair and was going to wait for the turn to raise and trap us both.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

My plan has now officially backfired, no raise from UTG.. I'm still holding out hope that he's just waiting until the river to try and raise with an overpair, but it's looking like he's just played his overcards soft.

River: (7.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

So I end up scooping the pot, but ultimately feel like I could have gotten more out of the hand. Please tell me if at any spot you would have tried a different approach.

mr pink
06-29-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking of reraising at first to make sure the BB folded, but decided against it as the raiser came in UTG and I didn't want to be putting in an extra bet out of position and possibly dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't have any problem playing TT HU against an UTG raiser. you usually against overcards, get the money in now and take the initiative by 3-betting here. it also buys you some bluffing outs and gets your opponent to fold some hands incorrectly...

say he has AQo and the flop comes king high, he's gonna have a hard time calling your bet even though he's got 6 clean outs.

or say the flop is Ace high with 2 rags, KQ is in the same spot after you lead.

getting the bb out is also a plus as he's calling there with a lot of cards over a ten.

toss
06-29-2005, 11:26 PM
Checkraising anywhere would only knock out BB and perhaps scare UTG into playing passively. Just bet and hope to get into a war.