PDA

View Full Version : Indecision on the Turn

Pollux2
02-03-2003, 08:24 AM
i'm in bb with AhKh. i raise after 4 limpers and sb. everyone calls.

flop is 6d 5h 3s

sb checks, i bet, 3 folds then LP and the sb call.

turn is the 7h.

i check, and it gets checked around (BAH!)

river is an offsuit J. i check and its checked around again.

comments please.

Homer
02-03-2003, 11:02 AM
Preflop: Fine

Flop: I would have checked, with the intention of calling unless it was multiple bets when the action got back to me.

Turn: I think check-calling here is acceptable.

River: Given that the turn got checked through, I think you should bet the river in the hopes of getting small pairs to fold.

-- Homer

Tyler Durden
02-03-2003, 11:49 AM
I would have bet the turn, but as Homer said, check-calling is fine too. The check on the river is terrible after it got checked through on the turn.

Pollux2
02-03-2003, 06:33 PM
LP wins with AJo, sb was drawing to a smaller heart flush.

had i bet the turn i think they would have both mucked but i didn't want to have to call a raise and pay two BB's to draw to my flush.

on the river, after having checked the turn, a bet would have been throwing money away i think. if i was going to get any pairs to fold it would have been on the turn, on the river they're going to "call that obvious bluff" as one guyed at the table like to say /forums/images/icons/smile.gif.

Pollux2
02-03-2003, 06:35 PM
correction: in hindsight sb would have called the turn bet but then i could have checked the river and won unimproved. turn check really messed everything up.

Homer
02-03-2003, 06:39 PM
I think you are being results oriented.

-- Homer

mobes
02-03-2003, 07:11 PM
Awful check by the LP.

bad beetz
02-03-2003, 07:51 PM
I would have played it as you had, although it's not necessary to bet out into a field with and unimproved AK on the flop, but that flop was pretty damn ragged, you probably have the best hand anyway.

If someone had bet the turn, and the conditions were just right, that might be a good opportunity for a check/raise bluff.

I don't see any reason to bet the river.

Bob T.
02-04-2003, 01:22 AM
You may very well be ahead on the flop, and the turn. If you are not, you may have as many as 15 outs. Your opponents limped preflop, and could have called the flop bet on overcards. Especially if they know that if you have overcards, they won't face another bet on the turn.

Bet the turn, you might win. If you don't, you still have plenty of outs on the river. If you check, you will have to call any bets that come back to you, so you may as well put one in, that has a chance of winning the pot.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

CrackerZack
02-04-2003, 10:08 AM
I'm glad someone else agrees to bet the turn.