kerssens
06-29-2005, 10:34 PM
why?

MEbenhoe
06-29-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not 100% sure. Probably a combination of things.

MoreWineII
06-29-2005, 10:39 PM
I wish it wouldn't take 20 posts to get what's going on out of you. Because I was all ready to offer awesome advice.

kerssens
06-29-2005, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not 100% sure. Probably a combination of things.

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case, I feel like /images/graemlins/frown.gif most of the time...ugh.

MEbenhoe
06-29-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wish it wouldn't take 20 posts to get what's going on out of you. Because I was all ready to offer awesome advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's probably a complete QLC thing, but sometimes things will come up in life that make us question where we're going, what we're doing, and whether or not to buy into the cookie cutter lifeplan that we've bet set upon because someone else has told us that is the way we should go. To be honest, right now I'm not buying it. There are probably things that have brought this on.

Recently in response to a post someone made about how bad poker is for someone's life I replied this

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm lets look at my life right now:

I go to bed whenever I feel like it, sleep until whenever I feel like it. Work about 20 hrs/week. Go to the beach almost everyday, have the freedom to basically do what I want whenever I want to.

Yeah dood, you're right this poker thing is really killing my social life. I mean the extra free time, extra cash, and ability to make my own schedule...terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell, when I wrote it, I believed it, but I'm not so sure its true. And this has nothing to do with poker, I've been playing great lately. It's just that right now I'm living in La Crosse, with very few of my friends around cuz they went home for summer, and roommates who are more of just acquaintances than friends. My major activity of the week is a beach volleyball league one night a week. I recently met the coolest girl I've ever met, she was supposed to come visit and spend 4th of July weekend with me, but her boss wouldn't let her off of work, so pretty much boredom for another weekend. And overall I'm completely dissatisfied with my current school career, as I'm on my 3rd major after only 2 years and already looking for a way to get out of that.

I'm somewhat of a person who's interests jump around and are never held and blah blah blah, I don't even feel like writing this anymore. Enough info?

Arnfinn Madsen
06-29-2005, 10:58 PM
Seems like you are lonely, in the sort of "lots of aquaintances around you but not like your dear friends"-lonely.

Wherever you can speak to people helps. Do some kind of activity where you will meet people and in which it is natural to talk.

MoreWineII
06-29-2005, 11:00 PM
I'm not sure how old you are, but I went through this same kind of thing in my early 20's. I literally had no effing clue what I wanted to do and I felt like my life was slipping away in front of my eyes.

Fast forward 8 years and I'm happily married with a two-year old boy and a daughter due in a month. For the first time, I found a place where I might want to create a career. Been there about a year now. Gonna move into our first house in a month. Getting along great with the family (poker and other things had caused some bumps along the way) etc. etc.

I'm not really sure what my point is other than I went through those blahs and not too long afterward things started coming together and I'm officially thrilled with my life now. So there ya go.

Just go with the flow, do your thing. From what I've seen, most 2+2ers are intelligent enough to realize what's what in life. I'm sure things will get sorted out for you.

I just realized I didn't really offer any advice. If you're spending a ton of time in front of the computer, stop. Get out, see the sights, smell some air, go watch a football game, something. Computers are evil.

yoadrians
06-29-2005, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's probably a complete QLC thing, but sometimes things will come up in life that make us question where we're going, what we're doing, and whether or not to buy into the cookie cutter lifeplan that we've bet set upon because someone else has told us that is the way we should go. To be honest, right now I'm not buying it. There are probably things that have brought this on.

Recently in response to a post someone made about how bad poker is for someone's life I replied this

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm lets look at my life right now:

I go to bed whenever I feel like it, sleep until whenever I feel like it. Work about 20 hrs/week. Go to the beach almost everyday, have the freedom to basically do what I want whenever I want to.

Yeah dood, you're right this poker thing is really killing my social life. I mean the extra free time, extra cash, and ability to make my own schedule...terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell, when I wrote it, I believed it, but I'm not so sure its true. And this has nothing to do with poker, I've been playing great lately. It's just that right now I'm living in La Crosse, with very few of my friends around cuz they went home for summer, and roommates who are more of just acquaintances than friends. My major activity of the week is a beach volleyball league one night a week. I recently met the coolest girl I've ever met, she was supposed to come visit and spend 4th of July weekend with me, but her boss wouldn't let her off of work, so pretty much boredom for another weekend. And overall I'm completely dissatisfied with my current school career, as I'm on my 3rd major after only 2 years and already looking for a way to get out of that.

I'm somewhat of a person who's interests jump around and are never held and blah blah blah, I don't even feel like writing this anymore. Enough info?

[/ QUOTE ]

You live in La Crosse, WI? GREAT TOWN!

Sad? Call La Crosse Tribune columnist Matt James and make him take you out for a beer. He'll cheer you right up!

bholdr
06-29-2005, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Still inside you somewhere is this guy -------> /images/graemlins/smile.gif

And this guy -------------> /images/graemlins/cool.gif

But search for the 1st one first.

[/ QUOTE ]

AM, that was one of the best posts i have ever, ever read, not just in OOt or on 2+2. fukin' a, man, fukin a.

MEbenhoe
06-29-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You live in La Crosse, WI? GREAT TOWN!

Sad? Call La Crosse Tribune columnist Matt James and make him take you out for a beer. He'll cheer you right up!

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you from La Crosse? I'd say a major setback I have right now is the fact that I'm only 20. Do you know Matt James or something? Just seems like an odd reference.