PDA

View Full Version : PLO8 play in BB

Ironman
06-29-2005, 10:08 PM
Hi guys,

Played a low limit ($10 buy in to kill some time while riding my bike) PLO8 game on UB.

Full Table

I'm in BB with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Four callers for .25 each and I check.

Flop Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Four checks, button bets minimum (.25), everyone else folds, I call

Turn A /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check, villian bets pot (1.85)...I call

River 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check thinking he will bet out and I can reraise...but he checks. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ok...I can take it. Give it to me straight.

Dave

Wintermute
06-29-2005, 11:03 PM
Possibly raise PF (probably not, but possible).

CR flop.

Lead turn for max, or CR for max.

Lead river.

Ironman
06-30-2005, 09:01 AM
Thanks Winter,

When I looked at his hand closely after the session, I saw that he had A A with two clubs in his hand.

I just never get too excited about a straight until that final card is shown on the river...although I realize I made a terrible mistake by not raising the turn and leading the river.

Because of the A A with two clubs, he had 19 outs to outdraw me on the river.

1 Ace
9 clubs
3 Queens
3 Tens
3 Sixes

If I had a draw to one of my flushes, I would have felt better.

Dave

Ribbo
06-30-2005, 09:21 AM
Bet out the pot on the flop, thats a big hand. You played it badly.

mshalen
06-30-2005, 09:49 AM
Ribbo is right (as usual) but his responce needs to be a little more helpfull (as usual). By not raising on the flop you allow potential lows to stay in and take either 1) 1/2 the pot for a low or 2) 3/4 you with a low and a split for high or 3) noone takes a low and your opponent wins the whole pot. By not raising you allow too many bad things to possibly occur. And the pot has been kept small so your opponent may easily fold if the turn looks bad leaving you with a very small pot.

DyessMan89
06-30-2005, 11:15 AM
Raise this pre-flop? You like to be shorthanded out of position with a high-only hand in which you have a decent amount of money already commited? Dont see your logic there.

Yea, you played this bad, I would have bet out on the flop, raised the turn, and led out on the river. There are alot of ways he can draw out on you, (full house, low draw, flush) and you just cant take that chance. Either that, or you could play it very slow and check/fold the river if it comes very bad. It saves you money with a nut hand that will more than likley get outdrawn. However, since you're only facing one guy, I wouldnt use that play here.

JoshuaMayes
06-30-2005, 03:51 PM
I would have bet the pot on the flop, and then again on the turn. If I hadn't bet pot on the flop, I would c/r the max on the turn after hitting. On the river, I would assume he was drawing to a low that hit, but I would bet anyway, in case he is messing around with a set or has a weak low that he might fold. I am not very concerned about being quartered, but it's tough to know because you played your hand so weakly.