PDA

View Full Version : Call on river?

ChuckyB
06-29-2005, 10:04 PM
1st level of $6 PP SnG, no good reads yet.

The mini-raise UTG with KJ is weak but I was feeling out the table. I thought it was enough to get most people to fold.

On the flop, I like to bet/raise a paired board with two pair to see what's out there.

Should I call on the river?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop
SB (t770)
BB (t605)
Hero (t785)
UTG+1 (t800)
UTG+2 (t800)
MP1 (t830)
MP2 (t910)
MP3 (t535)
CO (t775)
Button (t1190)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t30</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls t30, Button calls t30, SB calls t20, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t132.50) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t50</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t150</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t250</font>, SB calls t200, Hero calls t100.

Turn: (t882.50) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (t882.50) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB is all-in t490
HERO ???

lastchance
06-29-2005, 10:05 PM
Yeah. Why are you not betting the turn?

bluefeet
06-29-2005, 10:15 PM
Ouch.

Fold.Pre.Flop.Period.

Assuming I had a mini-stroke and hit the 'min raise' button - yet managed to recover in time to see the flop, I would......

Raise SB's 50 (define your hand, see where you stand, blah blah blah).
Fold immediately to the reraise. Remember YOUR raise hasn't been answered by the blind lead out yet. Even IF you peaked at Button's cards and saw he was full of it....

[edit: sorry, SB called before you.....(i'm still folding)]

...ok, we had another mini-stroke and called the reraise.

Check turn - good
Fold.River.To.Any.Bet.Period.

lastchance
06-29-2005, 10:17 PM
I like the preflop advice, I think the flop might be ok, but it's certainly good to fold this.

There's no way I'm folding a hand that beats AK on this board on the river. There's no way I'm letting some random queen see a river card. Bet the turn if you didn't fold preflop (and please fold preflop).

adanthar
06-29-2005, 10:21 PM
Oh hey, the same people from the 'limp JJ PF' thread now say to call the flop and bet the turn. (Well, at least the fold PF part is good.)

What do you put SB on after he coldcalls 2 raises, exactly, and what drugs are you on to think you have the best hand?

Edit: Sorry, didn't read this carefully enough, it's only one of the two of you /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Carry on /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ChuckyB
06-29-2005, 10:35 PM
I've almost gotten away from believing people at the 6s slowplay stuff, but not quite. At the time I thought his cold call meant a 10. Upon reflection, why wouldn't a 10 re-raise all in at this point with two fish on the line?

And getting to look at this, what the hell could you possibly slowplay besides quads?

After the flop betting I had SB on a 10 and the other on a K.

My reaction to his check on the turn should've been push I think.

ChuckyB
06-29-2005, 10:38 PM
After cold-calling the raises I put SB on a 10. However it is a $6...and there are some real donkeys. That got me to call 100 more after his cold call (getting 7:1)

ChuckNorris
06-29-2005, 10:41 PM
I've never played the 5's, and I have no idea how crazy the play there is, but SB's cold calling a reraise on the flop, then checking from a great spot to go for a checkraise, and after that fails, going all-in on the river... I know I'm never calling that in a 10+1 or higher, so guess not here either.

So... Fold preflop, but since you didn't flop raising is fine, and after the flop it's pretty clear that you are behind. Check turn, fold river.

ChuckNorris
06-29-2005, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've almost gotten away from believing people at the 6s slowplay stuff, but not quite.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying they don't slowplay at the 6s? How come? They love doing it at the 11s.

[ QUOTE ]
At the time I thought his cold call meant a 10. Upon reflection, why wouldn't a 10 re-raise all in at this point with two fish on the line?

[/ QUOTE ]

Odds are that he's a fish himself, remember /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Don't think about what they should do, think about what they will do.

ChuckyB
06-30-2005, 06:19 PM
Here's what cracked me up about this hand...lastchance had it right.

SB pushed...then turned over QQ (QQTTK)
Button called, turned over AK (KKTTA)

I folded the winner. That sucks, but I never should have been in this situation. In something better than a 6 on Party, I assume I'd have been broke many times over.

P.S. If you've never played a $6 on PP...people love pocket pairs, no matter how crushed they are.