PDA

View Full Version : Fun times back at home for the summer...

Sponger15SB
06-29-2005, 09:53 PM
So today after playing disc golf me and all my 21 year old friends (I turn 21 at the end of July) all go and get lunch, and I have them buy me a 12 pack of corona to drink just whenever when I'm around my house.

My mom is out of town for a week, but luckily I have my fundamentalist christian brother who is living with us until he his 28 year old ass can afford to move somewhere. Anyways, I did not think that bringing some beer into the house would be a problem....

So he gets home and I'm drinking a corona, and shockingly he decides to flip out on me instead of being a normal human being. He is upset about the possibility of me drinking and driving and the liability of this all happening under my mothers roof.

So as he is going through the numerous problems with me having *gasp* one beer he says that I can keep the beer in the house, if I call my mom and ask her. Now, I've drank several times in front of my mom, and she seems like she'd be cool with it.

Suprisingly she also freaks out about the posibility of me drinking and driving, and gives me a long lecture about this. I ask if I can keep the beer there and drink it whenver I feel like it, and she comes to this

* I can have one beer per day
* I can't drive anywhere at all unless I wait 3+ hours

So yeah, needless to say I'll be taking this beer out and drinking it all tonight or tommorow or something.

Oh and I'll leave you all with this picture from college....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/Sponger15aa/BeerFridge.jpg

ThaSaltCracka
06-29-2005, 10:02 PM
pwned.

spamuell
06-29-2005, 10:08 PM
lol your country and its ridiculous alcohol standards

ThaSaltCracka
06-29-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]THOSE aren't our countries standards.

billyjex
06-29-2005, 10:09 PM
why are you still moving home for the summer. live in SB and party with your friends who stayed.

Sponger15SB
06-29-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why are you still moving home for the summer. live in SB and party with your friends who stayed.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) only my girlfriend and her friends stayed there
2) i like my friends from high school

spamuell
06-29-2005, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]THOSE aren't our countries standards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it.

Voltron87
06-29-2005, 10:13 PM
natural ice pwns. even more than milwaukees best. how much is that stuff, 20 cents a can?

SomethingClever
06-30-2005, 12:15 AM
Damn, a lot of people on here are young.

Weird.

Vote4Pedro
06-30-2005, 12:19 AM
be a man and drink natty ice...

silkyslim
06-30-2005, 12:25 AM
how do you post so much with all this beer drinking going on?

Sponger15SB
06-30-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OH YEAH I GOTTA BE SO HARDCORE AND DRINK NATTY ICE. IM SUCH A [censored] PUSSY. YOU ARE GOD.

Sponger15SB
06-30-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how do you post so much with all this beer drinking going on?

[/ QUOTE ]

lemmee telr UUu smthing k? I can trink srink and post at he same time just fine!!!!!1111111one11111!!!1

blatz
06-30-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your bars close early.

ThaSaltCracka
06-30-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OH YEAH I GOTTA BE SO HARDCORE AND DRINK NATTY ICE. IM SUCH A [censored] PUSSY. YOU ARE GOD.

[/ QUOTE ]NICE.

squeek12
06-30-2005, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These standards made my high school experience much better. The adventure of getting and concealing the alcohol was better than actually drinking it. I do think it's ridiculous that I could have been drafted into the military at 18 or vote for the president, but couldn't swig a cheap beer until I was 21.

Ponks
06-30-2005, 03:05 AM
Yah, my mom lets me drink whenever I want aslong as I ask her first and promise not to drive anywhere. I've prob had like 14-16 beers around her a couple times before. That was a really good time. But she wont let me drink it in the house or keep it in the house. I really can't wait to get back to school though, the freedom is great. Nice pic! 1 beer a day, lol! You don't think she'll notice all those beers missing?

PS. That's lame your brother isnt partying with you, or atleast letting you.

Ponks

-Skeme-
06-30-2005, 04:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those ridiculous standards came from Sponger's mother and only apply to little Sponger. They aren't the official standards of the US.

mmbt0ne
06-30-2005, 04:38 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

These standards made my high school experience much better. The adventure of getting and concealing the alcohol was better than actually drinking it. I do think it's ridiculous that I could have been drafted into the military at 18 or vote for the president, but couldn't swig a cheap beer until I was 21.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur.

spamuell
06-30-2005, 06:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those ridiculous standards came from Sponger's mother and only apply to little Sponger. They aren't the official standards of the US.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Sponger's mother wouldn't be allowed to impose any standards on him if it was legal to drink at 18.

spamuell
06-30-2005, 06:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
These standards made my high school experience much better. The adventure of getting and concealing the alcohol was better than actually drinking it.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. It's hardly like it's legal to buy alcohol at 12 in other countries, there is still some challenge during high school.

Anyway, by the time you're 18, it's just ridiculous to not be allowed to go to a bar or buy alcohol in a store for another three years. I'm pretty sure the thrill of the "adventure" of concealing alcohol has worn off by then.

Yeti
06-30-2005, 06:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your bars close early.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever heard of nightclubs?
Ever heard of local pubs that will stay open till ~3?

I find the 21 restriction laughable, but, whatcha gonna do?

manpower
06-30-2005, 11:29 AM
I'm lucky enough to live with people who have healthy addictions and are comfortable with it. We've got three fridges and two are for beer. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ddollevoet
06-30-2005, 11:59 AM
Explain to your Mom that you believe your options are these:

1. Drink an undetermined amount of beer at home, but stay home when you been drinking (i.e. don't drive).

2. Go away from home to drink an undetermined amount of beer becuase beer is not permitted at home. Then, in your impaired state figure out how you are going to get home.

If the light doesn't go on, move back to school.

ddollevoet
06-30-2005, 12:00 PM
p.s. Corona &gt; Natural Light

jakethebake
06-30-2005, 12:06 PM
You need to find your brother some ass.

kyro
06-30-2005, 12:08 PM
Well at least we know who made the tworooks gimmick account.

Sponger15SB
06-30-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well at least we know who made the tworooks gimmick account.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha, sorry man not me.

Sponger15SB
06-30-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You need to find your brother some ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

My brother has had 1 girlfriend since he graduated college. She was once a junior high youth group leader. Actually, all of my brothers friends are junior high youth group leaders. They actually call my brother "hardcore".

Yeah.

ChoicestHops
06-30-2005, 12:22 PM
Just be responsible. I've already f'ed up with my mom's trust (Im 20) by getting a DWI. Before this happened she would let me drink wine at the house, she just didnt know I would get completely beligerant when I was with friends.

To make the story short Ive lost my mom's trust when it comes to alcohol, so just dont abuse the privledge. Your brother is tripping out for no reason as probably 80% of people that are 20 years old drink here in America.

CollinEstes
06-30-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
p.s. Corona &gt; Natural Light

[/ QUOTE ]

Both suck. What is the difference they both taste like water.

ChoicestHops
06-30-2005, 12:28 PM
Corona isn't too bad. Now Natty is [censored].

CollinEstes
06-30-2005, 12:32 PM
I used to like corona too about 2 years ago then I started to move up the beer weight class and man once you have tasted some Rogue Stout or Stone IPA you will never buy Corona or any Macro beer again.

ChoicestHops
06-30-2005, 12:39 PM
I know what you mean. Ive had some good IPA as well. Last year here we had this thing called Foam Fest. Me and a buddy went and I got to try close to 25 beers on tap, but the event had I think 100 or so.

Corona is mostly advertising like every beer out there. If Im going to have a macro though just throw me a Budweiser or Miller Light, especially if Im binge drinking that night.

CollinEstes
06-30-2005, 12:47 PM
Choicest if you like good beer you should check out beeradvocate.com It is a pretty cool site if you don't already know about it.

Sponger15SB
06-30-2005, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just be responsible. I've already f'ed up with my mom's trust (Im 20) by getting a DWI. Before this happened she would let me drink wine at the house, she just didnt know I would get completely beligerant when I was with friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, besides having 1-2 beers and driving, I've NEVER EVER EVER gotten behind the wheel where I felt I was a danger to myself or others on the road.

bogey
06-30-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've NEVER EVER EVER gotten behind the wheel where I felt I was a danger to myself or others on the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh me neither, unfortunately a breathalyzer or anyone without a shitload of beer in them would have felt otherwise.

David Wooderson
06-30-2005, 01:22 PM
Man, it's the same bullshit they tried to pull in my day. If it ain't that stupid promise, there's some other choice they're gonna try and make for you. You gotta do what Sponger15SB wants to do man. Let me tell you this, the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Nick-Zack
06-30-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Damn, a lot of people on here are young.

Weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

rmarotti
06-30-2005, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your bars close early.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've never been to New York, have you?

jakethebake
06-30-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your bars close early.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've never been to New York, have you?

[/ QUOTE ]

or miami either apparently.

Voltron87
06-30-2005, 08:21 PM
i just found this out a couple days ago. rite aids in nyc sell beer. for cheeep.

its open 24 hours, which is kind of helpful.

jakethebake
06-30-2005, 08:24 PM
Why are you sitting on the floor when there's a folding chair right there?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/Sponger15aa/BeerFridge.jpg

The Stranger
06-30-2005, 08:26 PM
just keep a couple bottles of bourbon under some sweaters in your closet.

Vote4Pedro
06-30-2005, 08:27 PM
someone was telling me that Rite Aide offers such great prices because they sell "old" beer...Anyone heard anything like that?

Vote4Pedro
06-30-2005, 08:28 PM
can you say "frat on"?

Voltron87
06-30-2005, 08:31 PM
well i ended up not going there because the line was so goddamn long and there was one cashier working.

i dont see how this would really make the beer that cheaper though, unless they were going out and buying old beer on the cheep and reselling it. i doubt it. plus most beer companies have stuff like "bottling date" on their cans. (canning date doesnt sound so good)

Los Feliz Slim
06-30-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Man, it's the same bullshit they tried to pull in my day. If it ain't that stupid promise, there's some other choice they're gonna try and make for you. You gotta do what Sponger15SB wants to do man. Let me tell you this, the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is still not old. Kudos to you, sir.

Vote4Pedro
06-30-2005, 08:38 PM
I just checked the back of a bottle of bud light brought from rite aide and there isnt a Born on Date on the back label(would it be inside the cap?), however, I bought some from an AM/PM last night and those bottles do have a born on date...

jakethebake
06-30-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
can you say "frat on"?

[/ QUOTE ]

i have no idea what this means. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

stanky
06-30-2005, 08:46 PM
Start shooting heroin and let your mom and bro find out about it. When they confront you give them an ultimatum: heroin or beer. They will obviously choose to let you drink. Man I'm a genius.

Vote4Pedro
06-30-2005, 08:49 PM
you're an OOT dickhead /images/graemlins/cool.gif, nh btw

fluorescenthippo
06-30-2005, 11:18 PM
corona is very good beer

B Dids
06-30-2005, 11:33 PM
"if you can see through it, it's crap"

The last summer I lived at home, I ended up taking home like everybody's half empty bottles. My mom found them and freaked because it appeared that I'd consumed an insane amount of hard alcohol in like a week. Once I explained everything she was like "ok, don't drink and drive" and that was it. I actually ended up giving some of it too them 'cause I didn't like it.

bholdr
06-30-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
playing disc golf me

[/ QUOTE ]

good man. DG &gt; ball golf

as for the rest of it...

One one hand, I'd tell my brother to kiss my 20 year old ass, if i were you, and I'd drink as much as i damn well pleased.

On the other, you'll be 21 in a month, so the hell with it. a month isn't gonna kill you. make sure you drink a lot in the week preceeding your B-day, though so you'll be able to have a respectable 21 run.

And as far as drinking and driving goes: put the cab company # in your phone- you'll need it eventually, and it's a lot easier to resist the temptation to drive when you know you have ready access to a ride. your mother and brother are correct to be concerned about D&amp;D... it's that bad.

IndieMatty
07-01-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i just found this out a couple days ago. rite aids in nyc sell beer. for cheeep.

its open 24 hours, which is kind of helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your all growns up!

I buy all my "party beer" at rite aid. It's like shopping back in Long Island.