PDA

View Full Version : ..fast food workers are lazy and rude..

scalf
06-29-2005, 09:50 PM
/images/graemlins/cool.gif..

lately, when eating at wendy's; a worker asked me to make sure i would take my tray to the trash can when done...i answered that i might...

today at mcdalds; a worker told me i had to take my tray to wastecan; when i left w/o complying she yelled at me to go back and clean up my mess..

is this right?

tia

gl
/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif

Vince Young
06-29-2005, 09:52 PM
You're my favorite poster.

Sponger15SB
06-29-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am a lazy [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

arod4276
06-29-2005, 09:56 PM
They should be fired on the spot....ardo4276

spamuell
06-29-2005, 10:02 PM
lately, i was in a public restroom and there was a sign asking me to please wash my hands... i decided that i might.

today, in another restroom, there was a sign telling me to leave the place as i'd like to find it. when i pissed all over the floor and smeared my shitstains all over the windows, the attendant shouted at me as i left.

is this right?

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

billyjex
06-29-2005, 10:07 PM
there's a reason they work at fast food...

Victor
06-29-2005, 10:23 PM
you should clean up your mess without being asked. its common courtesy.

Victor
06-29-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there's a reason they work at fast food...

[/ QUOTE ]

just because they are working fast food does not give you the right to disrespect them.

yoadrians
06-29-2005, 10:28 PM
You have to leave anyway. How tough is it to toss your trash on the way out?

No one is asking you to wipe the tables down.

MoreWineII
06-29-2005, 10:44 PM
Well...okay, first of all you sound like the most annoying customer ever.

But yeah, fast food workers don't seem to be exceptional that often.

Arnfinn Madsen
06-29-2005, 10:53 PM
I encountered some very stupid and lazy fast food workers in McDonalds in Paris:

My friends got their complete menus right away, I got my burger 5 minutes later and it tasted like a dead horse. I threw it into the garbage but did not bother to complain. After 5 more minutes I went to ask for my milkshake. The woman behind the counter said that they turn on the milkshake-machine at 12 (it was 11:35). I got very angry started shouting, then they completely changed and offered me a lot of things for free, gave me good service and good free food. Politeness does not always pay off /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

34TheTruth34
06-29-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got very angry started shouting,

[/ QUOTE ]

If there ever was a reason to get very angry and start shouting in public, it's definitely because you didn't get good service at McDonalds. Well played.

disjunction
06-29-2005, 11:18 PM
The summer after freshman year of college I worked at a fast-food type restaurant within an amusement park. I recommend the experience to everybody. Among my lessons learned:

--People get very obnoxious and impatient when you stand between them and their food

--It doesn't matter how smart you are, as long as you have a fast food uniform on everybody will treat you like a moron.

--People waiting in line never look happy.

--Ice cream and ice-cream related products are tricky

As for the workers asking you to clean your own mess, this may have been laziness on their part but likely it wasn't. On a calm night I wouldn't mind messes at all, I was looking for work so I wouldn't get bored. On the other hand, at busier times I couldn't be in 10 places at once, and in the time you spend cleaning the tables the garbage cans overflow, not that anybody cares, they just let the food spill outside, and more people start leaving food on the table, it snowballs until the whole place is unpleasant.

bwana devil
06-29-2005, 11:19 PM
This just in:

fast food customers are arrogant and conceited.

BeerMoney
06-29-2005, 11:21 PM
Most restaurant help in SC is particularly bad. Southern hospitality is a myth.

CallMeIshmael
06-29-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
in McDonalds in Paris

[/ QUOTE ]

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/miramax_films/pulp_fiction/_group_photos/john_travolta11.jpg

Pat Southern
06-29-2005, 11:45 PM
Just remember that they graduated from grade school and they don't have to take [censored] from anyone.

Drew16
06-29-2005, 11:48 PM
Thats a bullshit statement. I used to work fast food and was not lazy or rude. Of course, I am now BOTH lazy and rude, but you shouldnt group ALL fast food workers together.

scalf
06-30-2005, 12:11 AM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif i just wanted to clarify; i did not make a mess; i just left my stuff on a tray; but did not take the tray to the trash can

understand??

think about it!!!

gl

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /images/graemlins/ooo.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

tbach24
06-30-2005, 12:13 AM
Why didn't you just take it in the first place? It's not difficult.

-Skeme-
06-30-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you should clean up your mess without being asked. its common courtesy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also common courtesy not to bitch at the customer.

vulturesrow
06-30-2005, 02:30 AM
In other news, the Earth revolves around the sun

(I realize not _all_ fast food workers are lazy and rude, but that seems to the prevalent type of fast food worker)

[censored]
06-30-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In other news, the Earth revolves around the sun
)

[/ QUOTE ]

What!
WTF are you talking about dude?

Eurotrash
06-30-2005, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in McDonalds in Paris

[/ QUOTE ]

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/miramax_films/pulp_fiction/_group_photos/john_travolta11.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

ah [censored], I wanted to be the one to reference this scene.

hotsauce615
06-30-2005, 02:55 AM
I dont think I'd be in the best mood with the amount of money they make. Work for minimum wage while CEO's are raking in millions, very fair system. I thought slavery was abolished?! /images/graemlins/confused.gif ok end rant

youtalkfunny
06-30-2005, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
think about it!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've thought about it.

Since it's happened on more than one occasion, you obviously make a habit of leaving piles of trash around restaurants. That's why they're shouting at you. If it was a one-time deal, they'd shrug it off.

So make a choice: do you want them to hire a busboy to clean up that mess for you? Or do want the value menu to stay at 99 cents?

The Goober
06-30-2005, 06:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So make a choice: do you want them to hire a busboy to clean up that mess for you? Or do want the value menu to stay at 99 cents?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Actually giving a [censored] about your needs costs money, and its just understood that this is one of the things you give up so you can get the food so cheaply and so quickly.

To the OP: maybe you should try going to a restaurant. There you will find yourself surrounded by people who will be nice to you, clean up after you, and attend to your every whim while you don't even have to leave your table.