joefriday29 at dealer button
Vernmark posts small blind ($1,000.00)
JabbaTheHut posts big blind ($2,000.00)
MrPallesen folds
nixon folds

Stack sizes:
Joefriday29 has 20k
JabbaTheHut has 80k

joefriday29 raises for $6,000.00 with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

(SB) Vermark folds
(BB) JabbaTheHut calls for $4,000.00 with A /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Dealing Flop: 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

JabbaTheHut bets $4,000.00
joefriday29 went all-in for $14,090.00
JabbaTheHut calls for $10,090.00
Dealing Turn
Dealing River

JabbaTheHut shows Two Pair, winning $41,180.00

hemstock
06-29-2005, 09:55 PM
Who are you?

AceofSpades
06-30-2005, 07:12 PM
sorry didn't realize I left that out. I'm joefriday29.
As a related question, do you think I had any fold equity here with the stop and go? Or would it have been better just to push preflop?

Scooterdoo
06-30-2005, 07:56 PM
Just curious... why did you decide on stop and go versus preflop push given your stack size? I usually like stop and go when I want to get Aces (when I have a medium pair) and medium pairs (when I have just an A or a medium to small pair) to fold if the flop misses them. In this case your hand is likely a big favorite, a medium favorite or a coin flip to most of what will call you so I much rather push preflop.

AceofSpades
06-30-2005, 09:34 PM
Well I just read about the tactic a while back on here. I had the small stack and all the crazies had busted out(thank god for tv poker and gus hansen) /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. The final table was like the first round of a rebuy, stacks even as big as 56k, were all in preflop with A10o or 1010 (with many reraises).

My thought was that I could push and quite possibly get called and knocked out by a dominated hand or I could raise see the flop and maybe get someone to lay down a small pair if they hit.

Think I had any chance of this happening? I probably would call here in villain's position but I'll usually willing to gamble to bust short stacks especially if I think they might be desperate.

the result was opponent went into the tank, ran his time out and called