PDA

View Full Version : Proposed: 2+2 MIddle Limit Summit

YoureToast
06-29-2005, 08:38 PM
Date: TBD
Location: TBD (but likely a location that caters to poker players)
Invitees: 2+2 Middle Limit posters who meet certain specified TBD qualifications (likely proof of strong winning play over time)
Purpose: Get even better

Any interest? If so, I will take the lead on making arrangements.

Nate tha' Great
06-29-2005, 08:40 PM
Didn't this just happen like a week ago?

YoureToast
06-29-2005, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I wasnt invited. Can you elaborate on what happened?

Nate tha' Great
06-29-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like 50 2+2ers in Vegas. Check the B&M forum.

bicyclekick
06-29-2005, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

More than that I would say. Maybe 50 name 2+2ers you'd recocnize.

A bunch of us went to the bellagio buffet, others went out on the town. Many of us played together-sometimes serious, sometimes magoolike. Some of us went out to eat at other locations. We didn't really talk much strategy except for when Joe tall, nate tha great, nlsoldier, and schneids were sweating me at the end of the tourney and I asked them what hands they thought I should go all in with.

I'd be up for meeting up in vegas...keep me updated.

YoureToast
06-29-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm proposing a much smaller group, with planned sessions, possibly guest speakers, etc. with a narrowed focus. Preparations would include, as an example, a sharing of hand histories between various invitees. Ideas coming off the top of my head are things like: A critical analysis of 3 betting preflop from the Big Blind -- moderated by Peter Rus; the play of small pocket pairs -- moderated by Nate tha Great; Checking the turn - moderated by Schneids; The most +EV use of technology in online poker - moderated by YoureToast.

Tentatively, I'm thinking this should take place in Tunica, during the World Poker Open...We could reserve a conference room, any guest speakers we'd want would be there, etc. This would be a serious conference, with lots of preparation by all invitees, but the goal would be to come out of it a better player -- not to mention with a few new friends -- and likely a bigger bankroll from the side games during the Open.

Jeff W
06-29-2005, 09:02 PM
I like the idea except I'd rather it be done on IRC.

Turning Stone Pro
06-29-2005, 09:03 PM
I would definately be up for a summit meeting in Vegas. It would have to be a large enough venue so that we could "spread out" a little, if you know what I mean. Vegas would be better than Tunica, although I love Tunica (mmmmmmm . . .Horseshoe bufett).

How bout this winter in Vegas? Say around a decent-sized tournament?

TSP

mike l.
06-29-2005, 09:58 PM
"Date: TBD"

august or september.

"Location: TBD (but likely a location that caters to poker players)"

commerce of vegass.

mikelow
06-29-2005, 10:44 PM
what's that?

Commerce could be ok.

Though I'm not really a winning player (yet) so that would leave me out. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Though we could have a meeting of losing 2+2ers.... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

elysium
06-29-2005, 11:36 PM
hi toast

a winning player once posted on this forum sometime back in the late 90's. does anyone here remember his name? hate for him to miss his own summit.

bobdibble
06-29-2005, 11:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hi toast

a winning player once posted on this forum sometime back in the late 90's. does anyone here remember his name? hate for him to miss his own summit.

[/ QUOTE ]

His name was DERB or DERG something like that, wasn't it?

Subfallen
06-30-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hi toast

[/ QUOTE ]

Was he a limit hold'em god? Then that would be vehn.

debater
06-30-2005, 04:37 AM
I would be interested.

How would one go about proving that they are a winner?

Debater

Turning Stone Pro
06-30-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Though I'm not really a winning player (yet) so that would leave me out. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I have never beaten you in one hand online, and have never been with you at a table where you have left with less than you started, I would have to disagree with this assertion.

TSP

B Dids
06-30-2005, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Invitees: 2+2 Middle Limit posters who meet certain specified TBD qualifications (likely proof of strong winning play over time)

[/ QUOTE ]

Making this an exclusive group is basically shitty.

sfer
06-30-2005, 11:06 AM
As someone who used to speak and is now again speaking on a conference circuit regularly for a white collar job, I can say that the discussion on the forum is like a million times better already than a typical summit/conference/lecture series.

PokerBob
06-30-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Though we could have a meeting of losing 2+2ers.... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in for that.

YoureToast
06-30-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK then -- why not invite the Small Stakes group too; how bout the the Intenet forum; better yet, why would it be fair not to invite rec.gambling.poker.
Ridiculous.

bugstud
06-30-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK then -- why not invite the Small Stakes group too; how bout the the Intenet forum; better yet, why would it be fair not to invite rec.gambling.poker.
Ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to be an ass, but are you sure you'd qualify for this group? that's part of the problem with having it, btw. I much prefer what happened at magoofest and the like to what you're planning.

Mikey
06-30-2005, 08:05 PM
I'll definitley be there. Could someone wire transfer me some money through NetTeller so that I can make travel arrangements. I'll be traveling from NJ.

Thanks a bunch.

Ohh and yes I am a winning player.