PDA

View Full Version : KK on the bubble with a shortstack all-in

Slim Pickens
06-29-2005, 08:20 PM
Party Poker $20+2 No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t95)
BB (t4466)
UTG (t2103)
Hero (t1336)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">UTG folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t400</font>, BB calls t200.

Flop: (t900) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ??? (wants to get paid)

Was the preflop minraise a good idea?
How do I get as many of BB's chips in the pot as possible?

bluefeet
06-29-2005, 08:29 PM
you only have T900 left in a T900 pot, no time to get cute....with BB's stack he's calling your flop push w/ a piece - let it rip!

lastchance
06-29-2005, 08:32 PM
Just push it on the flop. I'd push it preflop too.

octaveshift
06-29-2005, 08:35 PM
Ah, push it
Ah, push it

Oooh, baby, baby
Baby, baby
Oooh, baby, baby
Baby, baby

Get up on this!

Ow! Baby!
Salt and Pepa's here!

[Now wait a minute, y'all
This dance ain't for everybody
Only the sexy people
So all you fly mothers, get on out there and dance
Dance, I said!]

Salt and Pepa's here, and we're in effect
Want you to push it, babe
Coolin' by day then at night working up a sweat
C'mon girls, let's go show the guys that we know
How to become number one in a hot party show
Now push it

Ah, push it - push it good
Ah, push it - push it real good
Ah, push it - push it good
Ah, push it - p-push it real good

Hey! Ow!
Push it good!

Oooh, baby, baby
Baby, baby
Oooh, baby, baby
Baby, baby

Yo, yo, yo, yo, baby-pop
Yeah, you come here, gimme a kiss
Better make it fast or else I'm gonna get pissed
Can't you hear the music's pumpin' hard like I wish you would?
Now push it

Push it good
P-push it real good

Ah, push it
Get up on this!

Boy, you really got me going
You got me so I don't know what I'm doing

Ah, push it

Slim Pickens
06-29-2005, 09:24 PM
I need someone to convince me that pushing is the correct play. It seems to me I'd rather be called here, and I doubt pushing either preflop or postflop is the way to do that.

Karak567
06-29-2005, 09:25 PM
(push preflop)

If everyone folds, then your cards get shown and you pick up FE down the line.

If someone calls, awesome.

lastchance
06-29-2005, 09:46 PM
You would rather be called. But pushing is better than letting some random 76o hit a straight or 54 hit two pair.

Sluke
06-29-2005, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(push preflop)

If everyone folds, then your cards get shown and you pick up FE down the line.

If someone calls, awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus, if you pushing everything that is marginable when you min raise with only 6 BB it throws up a red flag to those that have been paying attention.

mel424

the_joker
06-29-2005, 10:00 PM
The pre-flop min raise is way too supicious since your stack is so small, so I don't think it's a good idea. Also, due to short stack all-in, you don't want any callers pre-flop or on the flop, so push.

valenzuela
06-29-2005, 10:01 PM
yes ure right, when u push u canhave or 23o or AA, now after ur play when u push u can have 23o or 99, ppl lose respect for you.

microbet
06-29-2005, 10:35 PM
Lately I've been pushing monsters on the bubble when I should probably have been minraising. Minraise either looks suspicious or looks weak. I think all-in-all you are more likely to be called or reraised when you minraise.

In this hand, SB has 95 and is allin and you are almost certainly 80% to beat him and get ITM not matter what happens between you and big stack.

There is absolutely no reason to play this one fast, unless you really expect big stack to interpret fast play as a weak hand. I think minbet the flop. If he has a great draw or a 9, he might push over and with his stack, he could call with just about anything.

Slim Pickens
06-30-2005, 12:20 AM
FWIW I was hoping for something similar to microbet's response, but it seems as though most don't agree. The fact that I have to lose to BB and have SB win to be out in fourth makes me think the slowplay is better. In the actual hand, I pushed and BB folded.

lastchance
06-30-2005, 12:23 AM
There's t900 in the flop at the pot. You've only got t900 left! Anything that's not all-in looks fishy, and at this point, you really don't care if you get paid because of the money already in there. Checking this and seeing an ace on the turn, for example, would really suck. Just push the damn flop.

elonkra
06-30-2005, 01:25 AM
I'm convinced that the minraise is the right play preflop. I'm still not sure about the flop move.

Nick M
06-30-2005, 01:35 AM
I think you could of limped preflop too. This might have induced a push from someone else.
The limp would not look strong either. That is something I do often when someone is posting an all in blind. It protects my 3rd place money. I think many people do this. So a guy might make a move here if he's stupid. Or you take a flop and bet the pot.