PDA

View Full Version : baseball survey

lu_hawk
06-29-2005, 05:02 PM

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-29-2005, 05:06 PM
Where's the "[censored] the damned Red Sox" option?
Also, there needs to be an "Everybody doesn't actually live their lives around the [censored] Yankees and the Red Sox" option.

pryor15
06-29-2005, 05:10 PM
u forgot. "where did you grow up?" that's important, IMO

CollinEstes
06-29-2005, 05:18 PM
I hate how trendy it is to like the Red Sox now. And how are they going to steal a phrase from a movie and act like they made it up. Cowboy up.

bosoxfan
06-29-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where's the "[censored] the damned Red Sox" option?
Also, there needs to be an "Everybody doesn't actually live their lives around the [censored] Yankees and the Red Sox" option.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're just mad because your team sucks.

I have no idea what team that is I'm just guessing.

sublime
06-29-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate how trendy it is to like the Red Sox now. And how are they going to steal a phrase from a movie and act like they made it up. Cowboy up.

[/ QUOTE ]

welcome to two years ago.

born and bred in the inner city of Boston /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

tbach24
06-29-2005, 05:24 PM
I live like 2 hours from Boston. It's torn between Sox and Yankees fan here. I grew up on the South Shore of Boston though.

kerssens
06-29-2005, 05:28 PM
I wanted to be a part of the poll so I voted in the second question only.

Dead
06-29-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that from the Sutherland Cowboy up movie?

wayabvpar
06-29-2005, 06:02 PM
Boston was always my 2nd favorite team (after my poor Mariners). I loved watching Rice and Yaz and Evans and Lynn etc in the late 70's.

CollinEstes
06-29-2005, 06:10 PM
Cowboy Up is from 8 seconds with Luke Perry in it I think. Anyways. I have no problem with real sox fans but movies and [censored] like Fever pitch make lame. I liked yall better as losers like my astros.

Everybody loves a loser.

Voltron87
06-29-2005, 06:14 PM
i cant [censored] stand hip red sox fans. i could go on about what i hate about them but you guys know what i mean. i dont hate boston fans who are real baseball fans. unless they run around saying "liek OMG j3tr is teh suck111!!11"

i also hate yankee bandwagoners.

i dont mind casual fans who just only tune in to the postseason or when their teams good, its just when they act like they are real supporters or talk trash about the past they just look like idiots. if youre real about it, no problem.

Voltron87
06-29-2005, 06:14 PM
that whole fever pitch thing was off the charts lame.

tbach24
06-29-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i cant [censored] stand hip red sox fans. i could go on about what i hate about them but you guys know what i mean. i dont hate boston fans who are real baseball fans. unless they run around saying "liek OMG j3tr is teh suck111!!11"

i also hate yankee bandwagoners.

i dont mind casual fans who just only tune in to the postseason or when their teams good, its just when they act like they are real supporters or talk trash about the past they just look like idiots. if youre real about it, no problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. Bandwagon fans should be killlled.

Voltron87
06-29-2005, 06:41 PM
anyone seen that guy mbenhoe?

Dead
06-29-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mebenhoe is a total bandwagon fan.

tbach24
06-29-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mebenhoe is a total bandwagon fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the joke.

kyro
06-29-2005, 11:11 PM
I think I was more of a Sox fan when I was younger and they were worse. I try to watch them whenever I'm home but I'm certainly not as knowledgeable as the majority of people here are.

touchfaith
06-29-2005, 11:32 PM
Blahston sucks

ThaSaltCracka
06-29-2005, 11:44 PM
I hate the [censored] Sox.

tolbiny
06-29-2005, 11:54 PM
I voted in both parts of the poll- last time i checked 0 years < 5 years.

tolbiny
06-29-2005, 11:56 PM
F you voltron-
your just rippin off transformers- jumping on the giant morphing robot bandwagon.
F you man

ripdog
06-30-2005, 01:41 AM
Not voting in this poll. I hate the Red Sox enough that I was rooting for the Yankees last year. I never really cared about them until they got that whiny bitch Pedro, then my hatred for him made me want them to lose every game. I don't care for Manny much either, but for no particular reason. Don't get me started on Damon--cut your hair you fawking hippie!

ethan
06-30-2005, 03:51 AM
More than 5, and far. (Until '98 I lived in Amherst, about 2 hours out of Boston.) I'd guess I started following them around '88, give or take. I did miss out on the whole '86 fiasco, which is probably for the best.

As far as the bandwagon fans go - as long as they're rooting for my team I'm not going to be too upset, because it'll mean the Sox are winning /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jack of Arcades
06-30-2005, 09:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not voting in this poll. I hate the Red Sox enough that I was rooting for the Yankees last year. I never really cared about them until they got that whiny bitch Pedro, then my hatred for him made me want them to lose every game. I don't care for Manny much either, but for no particular reason. Don't get me started on Damon--cut your hair you fawking hippie!

[/ QUOTE ]

Manny is my favorite player, and I'm by no means a Red Sox fan. He has fun out there - that's what I love about him.

kyro
06-30-2005, 10:21 AM
Agreed. The Sox were ready to leave him on the street corner and he didn't give a damn. He's just a big kid who wants to play baseball. He can make the most idiotic play in the field and it won't bother him because he'll just come up next inning and put one out of the park. Love the guy.

Voltron87
06-30-2005, 10:23 AM
i [censored] hate manny.

kyro
06-30-2005, 10:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i [censored] hate manny.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's [censored] nice.

Voltron87
06-30-2005, 10:25 AM
though i see how its funny when he misplays some ball in the field and screws up, laughs it off, then goes and hits a 3 run HR in the bottom of the inning and high fives the pitcher.

CollinEstes
06-30-2005, 10:31 AM
I agree that Manny is a pretty cool because he does seem to have fun, but I don't think he plays the game how it should be played. It doesn't hustle at all and he pimps [censored] way too much. I don't mind pimping it out of the box if you know that [censored] is gone, but like that Grand slam he hit a couple days ago that was barely out and he wasn't even to first yet. Tell me if I am wrong because I don't get to watch him everyday but it seems like he never runs anything out.

Voltron87
06-30-2005, 10:34 AM
it was some lame ass flyball that went out of the phillies little league park. manny thought it was an easy fly out, not a HR. it was hilarious when he threw his hands up after i went out.

CollinEstes
06-30-2005, 10:37 AM
That is true. Still don't get wrong I like the guy, just saying what tv makes him look like.

kyro
06-30-2005, 10:39 AM
I've actually seen him hustle more down the line on a ground ball than he used to.

CollinEstes
06-30-2005, 10:41 AM
Then I was wrong, I haven't seen him play much in person so I can't judge.

Voltron87
06-30-2005, 10:43 AM
and jorge posada stole second the other day. lets not get carried away here.

Jack of Arcades
06-30-2005, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree that Manny is a pretty cool because he does seem to have fun, but I don't think he plays the game how it should be played. It doesn't hustle at all and he pimps [censored] way too much. I don't mind pimping it out of the box if you know that [censored] is gone, but like that Grand slam he hit a couple days ago that was barely out and he wasn't even to first yet. Tell me if I am wrong because I don't get to watch him everyday but it seems like he never runs anything out.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has fun - that's how the game was meant to be played.

CollinEstes
06-30-2005, 11:07 AM
Yeah but he doesnt' respect the game like it was meant to be respected. Like Pete Rose played (not that other stuff). You know like the way you see 12 years old play it, all out hustle and enthusiam. I agree enjoying it is alot but not everything.

ripdog
06-30-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Manny is my favorite player, and I'm by no means a Red Sox fan. He has fun out there - that's what I love about him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have any good reason for disliking him--maybe guilt by association. Damon's caveman look bugs the sh*t out of me, nothing against him baseball-wise either. For some reason, even with Pedro gone, I still want them to lose--even more than the Mets. WTF is wrong with me?

CollinEstes
06-30-2005, 11:12 AM
Johnny Damon throws like [censored].

kyro
06-30-2005, 11:15 AM
And he fields, hits, and runs like a solid ballplayer. What's your point?

CollinEstes
06-30-2005, 11:19 AM
No point. I wish he played for my team. He does do everything else well. But he no athletic style. I mean he is goofy looking, and his swing is as ugly as they come. None of this matters I am just saying.

CollinEstes
06-30-2005, 11:21 AM
I played with a guy just like that two years ago in college in Texas. Everything he did was ugly but he still managed to be an All-American Outfielder, because he hit something ridiculous like 458 and broke the schools doubles record by like 20 doubles.

OldYoda
06-30-2005, 01:37 PM
You're all bandwagoners. I've been a Sox fan since 1950. Birdie Tebbets, Walt Dropo, Dom Dimaggio,Ted Williams , Johnny Pesky, Al Zarilla - great names and great hitters. God owed me a series win

Jack of Arcades
06-30-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah but he doesnt' respect the game like it was meant to be respected.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the [censored] ever.

lu_hawk
06-30-2005, 03:17 PM
to make clear i have nothing against people like sublime who are from boston and root for the red sox. more power to you. but the level of trendiness for the red sox is sickening. they are like imac's for sports. people think they are cool and counterculture by rooting for them, but they are exposing themselves as to who they are.

this morning while walking my dog i saw the following people at the park 1) a guy in a red sox hat with a red sox leash and a labrador with a red sox bandana around it's neck(also don't get me started about bandana's on labradors) 2) a woman with her baby, the baby was wearing a red sox baby outfit. 3) an old woman walking her dog, with no visible red sox gear. keep in mind that this is on the banks of the hudson.

sublime
06-30-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow me also!!!

i swear i almost feel guilty when i smile at manny. like i'm too old or manly to enjoy watching a guy have so much fun. hes hilarious.

tolbiny
06-30-2005, 05:00 PM
"He has fun out there - that's what I love about him"

If this is your criteria then Check out some Omar Vizquel footage.