PDA

View Full Version : Instacall or Good Fold?

AUSTIN
06-29-2005, 04:13 PM
PS 3/6 6-max
All players are too loose at table. MP probably seems best player of bunch.
Hero in BB with 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
MP calls, button calls, sb folds, BB checks option.
FLOP: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero checks, MP bets, Button calls, Hero calls
TURN J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero checks, MP bets, Button calls, Hero raises, MP 3bets, Button calls, Hero caps, call, call
RIVER A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero Checks, MP checks, Button bets, Hero folds?

This one is bothering me. Basically, I had button on some back door flush/straight draw on turn when he cold called 2 bets. All comments appreciated.
Results later...

Grease
06-29-2005, 04:19 PM
First thing's first: please don't give the results of the hand because it skews our opinion (although I had mine even before I read the results).

Second off, try posting in the Heads-up/short-handed too if you want really good advice. I'm not sure what the status of 6 max is on this forum yet.

I'm still learning 3/6 6 max, so bear that in mind, and any other posters please feel free to correct me liberally.

I lead the flop, I lead the turn, and would check/call 1 bet on the river, but not two.

If these opponents are LP, then I might c/f river in a smaller pot, but not in a pot this huge. If they're loose-neutral, I'm calling in a flash.

You don't need to be against a set or 2-pair often to make this call profitable.

Flame away, better posters.

Grease
06-29-2005, 04:19 PM
Just saw you take down results after I posted.

Pay no heed to my comment then.

aK13
06-29-2005, 04:34 PM
Possibly the worst river card ever for you.

Call, and kick the cat.

You will see a 2pair often enough to make this call profitable, IMO.

elindauer
06-29-2005, 04:49 PM
Call. While that is clearly the river of death for you, the aggressor has suggested he had a made hand on the turn, of which only AQ and Q9 now beat you. There are lots of 2-pair and especially set type hands that may value bet the river after it's checked to them.

Good luck.
Eric

HajiShirazu
06-29-2005, 08:06 PM
I would call the river and might bet the flop.