PDA

View Full Version : Too Aggressive?

sam h
02-02-2003, 09:51 PM
Playing pokerstars WSOP giveaway. Around 341 entrants and I have been card dead since second level, just staying afloat stealing blinds. There are around 40 players left and I have 10K after luckily doubling through with KQo against TT. Blinds are 200-400 with a 25 ante. I get 44 in the BB and its folded to the SB with about 6.5K who makes it 1600 to go.

Here´s what I know: In an hour plus at this table, its only been folded to the SB when I have the BB once. He folded. The SB seems to be a decent player and has made several raises from the cutoff and button. Both times he has been played back at, he folded. The only hand I´ve shown down is that KQo. I have been pretty active stealing the blinds and have folded to every reraise, so my image is probably on the loose side. I have not reraised out of the blinds however. I also know that the biggest stack in the tourney is inching towards 40K at this point.

I moved all in.

As you might gather, the story doesnt have a happy ending but I´m not too worried about that. My bigger question is whether this move was out of line. Sometimes I think that I get too frustrated, especially online, when not getting cards for really extended periods and end up being too aggressive in marginal situations. But then again, while places 3-9 got paid some in this tourney, the prize was really the two entries to the WSOP, so getting a stack is at a premium.

All comments appreciated. Thanks.

ohkanada
02-03-2003, 02:07 PM
I think it is reasonable if you feel you can get your opponent to fold some medium pairs and overcards. If there is no chance of either and he will only fold a steal then it makes the raise less appetizing.

Your image may hurt you in this situation because loose aggressive players don't need great hands to raise or re-raise.

So if he calls with 55, it was a bad re-raise. If he calls with AA then who knows /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Ken Poklitar