PDA

View Full Version : weak tight??

mittman84
06-29-2005, 02:53 PM
what makes someone weak tight as opposed to being tight in a good way? In SSHE on page 176 there is a hand where you hold pocket tens raise pre flop have 3 others in the pot with you and it comes down Qd 9D 4c, and someone to your right bets and than you raise and the better calls. the turn is a blank and the better checks and you bet, and it says that your opponent would be weaktight if he layed down his top pair no kicker after being raised on the flop than facing a bet on the turn. Should he assume that you will be enough with a smaller pair/draw to make the call correct? He you also have a Q he is calling with 3 outs. I am new to limit play(have been playing NL only for 2-3 years) so calling this down seems very loose to me (maybe cause in NL you are facing a 1/2 pot size bet or more) but they say it would be weaktight for him to fold here. so my question is at limit play what makes the difference between being weaktight and being tight in a good way? Thanks

Sasnak
06-29-2005, 03:37 PM
Weak/tight = peddling the nuts, folding TPGK to a raise, not value betting or raising to buy outs and/or driving out weak draws or Ax type of hands.

Good Tight = Betting for value and/or raising for other reasons than holding an AA/KK. Building pots when you have the pot equity to do so, etc.

I was weak/tight, now I'm a student.