PDA

View Full Version : Amusing lunch photo

BottlesOf
06-29-2005, 02:31 PM
So, I'm having lunch in the food court in the mall below our office, and I notice this: They guy is manning one of those kiosks where they sell cell phone accesories or some bullshit.

http://img191.echo.cx/img191/6301/lunchth1ar.jpg

Iplayragstoo
06-29-2005, 02:35 PM
VNH

SpearsBritney
06-29-2005, 02:37 PM
get a laptop and play at his table

steelcmg
06-29-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that would be awesome but he is probably playing the play money tables.

jakethebake
06-29-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be hilarious. Just stand right behind him.

TheWorstPlayer
06-29-2005, 02:41 PM
1 table? Is that even allowed any more?

sfer
06-29-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So, I'm having lunch in the food court in the mall below our office...

[/ QUOTE ]

This, by itself, is amusing.

BottlesOf
06-29-2005, 02:57 PM
Why?

Maulik
06-29-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1 table? Is that even allowed any more?

[/ QUOTE ]

NH

BeerMoney
06-29-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that would be awesome but he is probably playing the play money tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at his posture.. That is not play money.. He just got sucked out on!

nolanfan34
06-29-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because NY food snobs don't go to mall food courts.

spamuell
06-29-2005, 03:06 PM
Did you take this with a cell-phone camera?

And people said they were useless.

BottlesOf
06-29-2005, 03:06 PM
Weekday lunch. Can't eat great 7X a week. And certainly can't do it in the amount of time I can be out of the office and still be liked.

BottlesOf
06-29-2005, 03:07 PM
Yes I did.

nolanfan34
06-29-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Weekday lunch. Can't eat great 7X a week. And certainly can't do it in the amount of time I can be out of the office and still be liked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm on your side here, I went to Safeway and got a Philly Cheese Steak panini today. Sometimes I go to Panda Express.

GuyOnTilt
06-29-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm on your side here, I went to Safeway and got a Philly Cheese Steak panini today. Sometimes I go to Panda Express.

[/ QUOTE ]

Panda is pretty not good. The only reason I have eaten there >once is 'cause my roommate always wants me to pick him up food from there. Tolerable, but I would never choose to get food there.

GoT

klagett
06-29-2005, 03:21 PM
You didn't even get his screenname? wtf

nolanfan34
06-29-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Panda is pretty not good. The only reason I have eaten there >once is 'cause my roommate always wants me to pick him up food from there. Tolerable, but I would never choose to get food there.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

You haven't seen the dining options in Olympia.

sfer
06-29-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Boom Boom works less than a block from Koreatown. There are probably 2 dozen menus from places that deliver floating around his office. Going to the one shopping mall in Manhattan for lunch, regularly, is sad.

2+2 wannabe
06-29-2005, 04:24 PM
poker content in oot?!?!??!!??!

blasphemy!!!!

nolanfan34
06-29-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Boom Boom works less than a block from Koreatown. There are probably 2 dozen menus from places that deliver floating around his office. Going to the one shopping mall in Manhattan for lunch, regularly, is sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I tried to defend the poor guy, but if THIS is the case, then I change my mind. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sfer
06-29-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I tried to defend the poor guy, but if THIS is the case, then I change my mind. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Get Mrs. Nolanfan to chime in and agree with me and we can have the moderators lock this thread. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

nolanfan34
06-29-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Get Mrs. Nolanfan to chime in and agree with me and we can have the moderators lock this thread. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't encourage her, she keeps saying she's going to start posting a lot. She has a lot of opinions on things.

You're killing independent Nolanfan!!!

MoreWineII
06-29-2005, 04:43 PM
What's poker?

jakethebake
06-29-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're killing independent Nolanfan!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

HaHa. Nice! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Evan
06-29-2005, 04:54 PM
I saw her post in B+M yesterday, tell her I like the purple font.

nolanfan34
06-29-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I told her the purple font is hard to read. Her response? "If they give me colors as a font option, I'm going to use them."

MaxPower
06-29-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Manhattan Mall is lame.

BottlesOf
06-29-2005, 05:38 PM
I don't really like Korean food. I do go to Koreatown once every...1.5 weeks, let's say. No one really orders food here. I don't like to either, I like to leave my office, even if it's just to another floor.

The mall is ultra convenient and I can avoid a congested neighborhood, or hot/rainy weather. Despite all this I try and only eat there once, but more often twice a week.

So I'd say all your points are thoroughly refuted, but thanks for playing!

Evan
06-29-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I told her the purple font is hard to read. Her response? "If they give me colors as a font option, I'm going to use them."

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a feature on 2+2 that will allow me to block nolanfan's post AND make Mrs. Nolanafn's post twice as big?

BottlesOf
06-29-2005, 05:42 PM
Actually, he's wrong here too. There are two malls in Manhattan I can think of.

A very poor post by SFer, IMO.

nolanfan34
06-29-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are now ignoring this far shorter than most humans user. You will no longer see the body of any of their teeny-tiny finger typed posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evan
06-29-2005, 06:50 PM
OMG, that means I can type whatever I want to Mrs. NolanFan and NolanFan will NEVER see it. WOOOOOT!!!!

bisonbison
06-29-2005, 07:41 PM
Google = free lunch every day.

bison > *.

nolanfan34
06-29-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

bison > *.

[/ QUOTE ]

French Laundry catered? They could probably afford that.

I have a friend who works for 180solutions, and he said they get free lunch every day too. I want a job like that.

BottlesOf
06-29-2005, 07:48 PM
most things < bison < google earth

B Dids
06-29-2005, 07:49 PM
This really hinges on the lunch not sucking, which is not a quality that I expect from a free lunch.

wayabvpar
06-29-2005, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

bison > *.

[/ QUOTE ]

French Laundry catered? They could probably afford that.

I have a friend who works for 180solutions, and he said they get free lunch every day too. I want a job like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with those type of jobs is that they expect you to actually work. Who needs that kind of pressure?

bisonbison
06-29-2005, 07:59 PM
This really hinges on the lunch not sucking, which is not a quality that I expect from a free lunch.

Google Mountain View has 4 cafes that serve lunch. The largest cafe, Charlie's, offers several cuisines on a daily basis, with different menus each day: Italian (w/pizzas as well); asian fusion; vegetarian/vegan; an american grill; and Mexican w/hand-made burritos and quesadillas. Not to mention a sandwich bar; a salad bar; a range of deserts including cakes, cookies and ben and jerry's ice cream; and a full selection of fountain and bottled drinks.

The Pacific cafe offers a full, independent selection of Asian courses for lunch, including fresh sushi daily, while the other 2 cafes offer sections of the main cafe's offerings for lunch.

Charlie's also serves dinner, which typically has about 90% of the variety of the lunch menu, but often with very little overlap from that day's lunch choices.

nolanfan34
06-29-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Google Mountain View has 4 cafes that serve lunch. The largest cafe, Charlie's, offers several cuisines on a daily basis, with different menus each day: Italian (w/pizzas as well); asian fusion; vegetarian/vegan; an american grill; and Mexican w/hand-made burritos and quesadillas. Not to mention a sandwich bar; a salad bar; a range of deserts including cakes, cookies and ben and jerry's ice cream; and a full selection of fountain and bottled drinks.

The Pacific cafe offers a full, independent selection of Asian courses for lunch, including fresh sushi daily, while the other 2 cafes offer sections of the main cafe's offerings for lunch.

Charlie's also serves dinner, which typically has about 90% of the variety of the lunch menu, but often with very little overlap from that day's lunch choices.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you still haven't said if the food is GOOD or not. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

turnipmonster
06-30-2005, 02:01 AM
dude, bibmbop or whatever it is is great!

tbach24
06-30-2005, 02:07 AM
Wow, how does a person get a job working for Google?

bisonbison
06-30-2005, 03:05 PM
Well, you apply and get hired.

jakethebake
06-30-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, you apply and get hired.

[/ QUOTE ]

A better question might have been related to your propensity for hiring 17 year olds.

siccjay
06-30-2005, 03:56 PM
A buddy of mine has a kiosk at a mall here selling poker supplies. Another buddy that worked for him used to play all day. The 6 dollars an hour or whatever he made in the mall was a decent rakeback.

IndieMatty
06-30-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

for the first 6 months he worked there hammy emailed me his friggin menu each day.

jakethebake
06-30-2005, 04:11 PM
this avatar sucks, matty.