PDA

View Full Version : QQ in mid position facing two all ins in front....

Warder
06-29-2005, 01:49 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Average stack is about 3100 at this point. 102 people left until the money and blinds are at 100/200

Hero (t3470)
BB (t2850)
UTG (t2210)
UTG+1 (t3300)
MP1 (t2515)
MP2 (t2945)
MP3 (t740)
CO (t3210)
Button (t7209)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls (t200), 2 folds, MP2 is all in (t2945), MP3 is all in (t740), 2 folds...... Now it's on me, with one left to act behind me, what's my move here?

Here's how I was looking at it, but then again I'm not a great tournament player: I don't have much time left before the blinds raise again and I know that losing chips compounds over time so I think this is a great time to make my move. However... QQ isn't exactly the best hand to have 3 handed, potentially 4, but I feel confident about my situation. The first all in doesn't really worry me too much, as I don't think you need a great hand to push at this point. The second all in I would normally put on a bigger hand, but seeing as how he's short stacked I think he could push with a larger range of hands. So my thinking is that coming over the top all in, while probably about 50% winning 3 handed against Ax, Kx will put me at about 7000 and in good position to increase my stack later on in the tournament.

blockafor
06-29-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The first all in doesn't really worry me too much, as I don't think you need a great hand to push at this point. The second all in I would normally put on a bigger hand, but seeing as how he's short stacked I think he could push with a larger range of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The first all-in likely has AK, JJ, or TT. You won't see someone raise all-in for 15BB w/KK or AA too often for fear of scaring everyone away.