PDA

View Full Version : foxwoods this weekend

Dubra
06-29-2005, 01:46 PM
Hi guys,

I'm heading up to foxwoods this weekend for like the third time ever and was wondering how early to get there to avoid monster lines that are expected because of the holiday. i'll be looking to play some baby NL FWIW. also, another random question, for those of you who get there via 95, why does everyone drive so slow on Route 2? are there cops all over it? the two times i have been there i have been stuck behind someone going 10 mph under the speed limit. thanks.

Slow Play Ray
06-29-2005, 01:50 PM
8:00 am.

I don't know, I always take 395.

AKQJ10
06-29-2005, 02:19 PM
The 8:00 am might be excessive, but not by much. The earlier the better for sure. If it's nice out, that seems to cut traffic down a bit though, especially on a holiday weekend.

I've never noticed what you say about Rte. 2, but I haven't come from Pvd/Bos for a few months. (I'm coming from WMass now.) I'd imagine it's small sample size, but logic indicates it'd be a good place for a speed trap.

I'll be there Sat. most likely; PM me if you want to cross paths.

beetyjoose
06-29-2005, 02:32 PM
I would drive down the night before and camp out in the parking lot. That way you won't kill two hours getting stuck behind the elderly people on life support who are looking for parking spots.

With that being said I would pretty much go as early as you can physically get up and leave. 8am isn't much of an exaggeration. I can't tell you the number of times I've shot for getting there "early" and end up getting stuck in terrible traffic all the way until i find a parking spot. Which causes me to go directly to the waiting list for a couple of hours.

GL at the tables.

pj4533
06-29-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi guys,

I'm heading up to foxwoods this weekend for like the third time ever and was wondering how early to get there to avoid monster lines that are expected because of the holiday. i'll be looking to play some baby NL FWIW. also, another random question, for those of you who get there via 95, why does everyone drive so slow on Route 2? are there cops all over it? the two times i have been there i have been stuck behind someone going 10 mph under the speed limit. thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I am going thursday night, staying till at least saturday. Might extend the stay if everything goes ok and we can keep our room. Ended up getting one at Hilltop Inn & Suites (http://www.hilltopinnandsuites.com) cause the ones at FW proper were booked all weekend. Dunno how that place is, never stayed there.

I'll be at the 1/2 NL tables.

The sooner you get there the better. Whats odd is that over memorial day weekend there really wasn't that long of a line for the 1/2 nl. It has such high turnover that even with a full 2 lines of people waiting on the list it still only takes 30-45min.

-pj

jba
06-29-2005, 03:08 PM
I'm going down friday night, coming back saturday night.

leaving boston around 730 pm fri night, is worcester the best route? typically I take 95 through providence, but always at very odd hours...

I'll be the guy at 5/10 or 10/20 with a red sox hat and lots of red chips. sup bros!

I found a cheap room at some place called cedar park suites? $100 on hotels.com.

pj4533
06-29-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going down friday night, coming back saturday night.

leaving boston around 730 pm fri night, is worcester the best route? typically I take 95 through providence, but always at very odd hours...

I'll be the guy at 5/10 or 10/20 with a red sox hat and lots of red chips. sup bros!

I found a cheap room at some place called cedar park suites? $100 on hotels.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i always go straight down 95...no matter what time. Sometimes you hit traffic, but its not that bad.

-pj

Ghazban
06-29-2005, 05:15 PM
I'll be there Saturday-- where were you last night?

midas
06-29-2005, 05:41 PM
No matter what time of day I always take Mass Pike to 395 south to the first Fowxwoods exit (a few miles before the Mohegan Exit) - it just seems more predictable than 95 through Providence and the SE expressway out of Boston.

AKQJ10
06-29-2005, 05:51 PM
IIRC I found I-95 and Pike/I-395 to be almost equidistant from my home then in Mission Hill.

ZenMusician
06-29-2005, 06:56 PM
I went at 4:00am and played with the Sunday Night Sharks because
I *had* to be there to avoid the HUGE crowd on Memorial Day...I
think there were 12 people on the list all day....college is out, right?
so yeah this would be a good time to "camp out" as beety
suggested...pretty soon I'll be doing the in-the-car naps during
a 72 hour weekend session too (I miss them a lot!)

Good "Luck"

-ZEN

pj4533
06-29-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll be there Saturday-- where were you last night?

[/ QUOTE ]

oh i had some errands to do since i am leaving thursday night foxwoods. i was gonna stop by later on, but it never happened.

Also, I am thinking about checking out a different game, seeing if its softer. I may learn alot with you f*ckers, but its rough on the ole bankroll some weeks.

anyway.....we might stay an extra night, so if we do, i'll see ya. Plan now is thursday night, friday, friday night, back saturday.

-pj

Durs522
06-29-2005, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...pretty soon I'll be doing the in-the-car naps during
a 72 hour weekend session too (I miss them a lot!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad I'm not the only one lol.

I'll probably head up Saturday-Monday or Tuesday for some 5/10, 10/20 or 1/2 NL.

Durs

VanLandry
07-01-2005, 12:46 PM
I've got a cook-out to attend in Southern CT Sat afternoon so I'm going to leave Boston by 9 AM and hopefully start playing by 11 and get at least a few hours in at the 2/4-4/8 tables. Good luck and Happy 4th of July.

otnemem
07-01-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why does everyone drive so slow on Route 2?

[/ QUOTE ]

DWP

Driving While Pequot