PDA

View Full Version : hand against Fischman in $109 2-table shootout on pokerstars

Eegs
06-29-2005, 01:17 PM
I have about $1360 with blinds at $10/$20. UTG limps and I limp with 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif in MP. Scott Fischman makes it $180 to go from the button... An abnormally large raise considering there's only about $70 in the pot. He's obviously trying to drive people out so I think he has something like 99-JJ but I call with my 88 anyway cuz im a bufoonish donk...
FLOP: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif
nice, I made my set...I check to the bettor. He checks behind me /images/graemlins/confused.gif
TURN: J /images/graemlins/club.gif
There's about $370 in the pot now so I bet out $300. He calls $300.
River: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif
At this point im hoping he improved with that A maybe having AK or AJ but if he had a K I think he would have bet the flop unless he was trying to be tricky. nevertheless without much hesitation I push my last $900 into the $900 pot and he instantly called... Please give me feedback on how I played this hand and try to figure out what he has. Then read the results below.

Fischman had JJ for a turned set of Jacks and left me with a measly $20. It can be argued that he had me dominated preflop and I got lucky on the flop...and in turn he got lucky on 4th st. But there's no way I would have commited that much to the pot if I didn't have a set. I could have easily gotten away from two 8s on a board with two overs and no improvement but the set over set scenario buried me.

lolimit
06-29-2005, 01:47 PM
Good read on his preflop bet. But if you put him on something like 99-JJ, why would you not bet the flop? I'm not surprised that he checked behind you given what you suspected he had.

When the J hits the turn and he just calls your close to pot sized bet, I would be suspicious...

Looks like a case of bad timing. You zigged when you should have zagged. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Pat Southern
06-29-2005, 01:51 PM
Fold preflop, implied odds aren't there. After that looks fine.

Eegs
06-29-2005, 02:09 PM
well if he had 99-jj I didn't want to bet him out of the hand as I flopped a monster and I wanted action. It was also very possible for him to have AK and he raised substantially preflop so I figured I would check to him on the flop and see where he was at.